• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Evo 3d, need help rooting/roms

blwnv8

Sep 4, 2010
I picked up a 3d last night used for a great price. I got it activated on my account and it works pretty well. I want root it now and start playing with roms. I looked up the hboot and it's 1.5.000 but it says relocked. Doing some research i'm finding it means the device was rooted at one time and then unrooted, is that correct? Or is it in like a partial root because I still have s-on. And while were here any preferences for a good stable ics rom with everything working? If everything works but 4g that would be ok too. Thanks

Edit: It's a cdma phone.

Relocked doesn't necessarily mean rooted, just means the bootloader was unlocked at one point. If you really want the full root experience then you would have to try the downgrade method to get your phone to a 1.4 hboot so you can het s-off bc 1.5 can not be s-offed.
Read some guides about 1.5 and what you able to do with that hboot. Any questions just ask .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones