1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[CDMA] EVO 3D USB Connection issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bhoedl, Aug 10, 2012.

1. bhoedl

bhoedl Lurker

I've been playing around with various ROMs for my EVO 3d and I'm consistently running into issues regarding getting my PC to recognize the phone through USB. I plug my phone in and the computer makes the sound like its connected, it shows up in Device Manager, but never in My Computer. My settings on the phone are set to Ask about the connection type when it's connected to a PC but the phone never seems to recognize that it's connected.

This only happens on ICS based ROMs. I've played with MeanROM, ZR3D and now I'm on SOS. To get an ICS based ROM to work I have to flash the AnthraX-htcleak-rls1 Kernel or I get boot loops.

I'm currently hboot 1.5, S-on, using 4EXT to flash.
    ROM- SOS M| Ver 2.4.5 (which is the best one I've tried so far. Love the tweaks and AROMA installer)

The only exception to this is if I go into 4EXT recovery and manually choose to turn on the USB DISK option, then it will register with the computer.

Does anyone else have any experience with this? Could the Kernel I'm flashing cause this kind of issue? Everything else works great, except the 3d Camera does some wonky things somethimes.

Thanks for any help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Do you have USB Debugging check marked ??

3. bhoedl

bhoedl Lurker

Yes I have it checked. I read that it should be, is that correct? My phone never acknowledges that it's connected, but it does charge.

4. DonB

Yes it should be checked, have you tried in another PC, you maybe missing HTC Sync drivers

It also could be an issue with the Rom, have you tried posting in the Devs thread to see if others are having this issue.

5. bhoedl

bhoedl Lurker

I've attempted a different PC as well and even on my main PC, the Device Manager shows the HTC USB Mass Storage driver and there are no errors. It just seems like my phone never acknowledges that its connected to anything. It's more of a pet peeve because I have to either go into Recovery to transfer files to my phone or use DoubleTwist to get music onto it. I just wasn't sure if this a Kernel could cause an issue like this.

6. DonB

I am not sure, I would definitely post in the Devs thread, I also rarely ever mount my phone as I do everything via WiFi to transfer stuff, I use My Phone Explorer Client, great app from thew Play Store

bhoedl likes this.
  7. bhoedl

bhoedl Lurker

Awesome. Thanks for the tip. I'll check that app out.

8. DonB

NP, good luck

9. toad6386

toad6386 Android Enthusiast

This may be after the fact, but I've also read somewhere that USB 3.0 ports
    don't see android devices quite right.

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews