1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [CDMA] fastboot boot.img

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Evo3djay, May 7, 2012.

1. Evo3djay

Evo3djay Newbie
    None

Mar 21, 2012
    ok so I'm on a boot loop with ICS One S... I had it working before. I used Flash Image GUI to do this since I'm running 1.5 HBOOT Security On (S On) twrp 1.0.3
    long story short I flashed ICS cleanrom and I was not supposed to do so which, in turn when I tried to go back to ICS One S, it screwed me up. I know that I have to use fastboot and get on my computer attach cell phone get on cmd prompt so I can copy boot img to the rom again and load it etc. the problem I'm having is that my system is not recognizing my commands. I enter. i.e c:\user\(my name)\downloads> I type in cd (space) fastboot or NewtsOneS and get the system cannot find specified path. I need anyone who knows what I need to do step by step to give me some hlp today. been without my baby (cell phone) for over 24 hours. I have gone to XDA site tried to get help although one person is trying too and a developer was going to help but didn't. I'm at a lose. so if you have the time please help me. last time I was here I had a similar problem and was help out so I'm back.

Advertisement

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #
    None

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    I don't run your device and haven't researched your options to flash from recovery. If you have a custom recovery, it seems like it'd be a lot easier to just wipe and flash a rom from there. But anyway, hopefully I can help with the fastboot situation...

IMO, the most surefire way to flash from fastboot without knowing if you've set up environmental variables to flash globally, is to place the boot.img directly inside the platform-tools folder of the sdk. You should also see the fastboot utility in that same folder. So then cd to that location. This would be an example if the sdk was located on the root of your c drive:

cd c:\ android-sdk-windows\ platform-tools

Next, test your connection with the command:
    fastboot devices (should output your device id)

Then the command to flash would be:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

That's provided your filename is in fact boot.img and not some other custom boot img of a different name. If so, rename the 2nd boot to the custom name such as...fastboot flash boot customfilenamehere.img

Does this answer your question?

3. Evo3djay

Evo3djay Newbie
    None

Mar 21, 2012
    is there a way I can contact you directly without having to write here back and forth to see if I can resolve the issue? but I think I do understand what your saying. I don't think I'm set up globally.

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #
    None

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
  5. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    ChainSawDeviant and Evo3djay like this.
  6. Evo3djay

Evo3djay Newbie
    None

Mar 21, 2012
    Thanks for the info. I know its been a while but I go to other forums. Mikmik is basically home right now but, I wanted to stop by and thank you for the info and Iowa help me a hell of a lot also. He is one great dude.

Tags: