• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Flashing ICS Roms based on VM

jtlind01

May 18, 2011
I'm not up on all the new stuff with the Virgin firmware update thing and the new ROMS that say they are based off of VM release keys so I'm hoping someone can clear this up for me? I have gotten the idea that the new firmware from VM shouldn't be used because of the pain trying to get back from it. All the new roms that say based off of it are safe right? Wouldn't I have to flash a whole separate fw update from vm to be screwed? I guess I'm just wondering if i need to worry about any of the new roms being packaged with the firmware. I flashed ZR3D 2.0, which is awesome, and firmware say the 1.13..., I'm ok right?

Last thing and off subject where is there a thread or guide to understanding more about rooting and flashing and more in depth stuff? Something other than the newbies guide? I'd like to be able to know this stuff without having to ask a hundred questions on here.

Thanks for any help

Zred 2.0 is fine, I am on that same Rom and no issues here, and yes the firmware for the Rom is correct.

Here you go, all in the Sticky section: see below

General Information

All you need in this Sticky here: see below

http://androidforums.com/evo-3d-all-things-root/495121-htc-evo-3d-all-things-root-guide.html

I'm not up on all the new stuff with the Virgin firmware update thing and the new ROMS that say they are based off of VM release keys so I'm hoping someone can clear this up for me? I have gotten the idea that the new firmware from VM shouldn't be used because of the pain trying to get back from it. All the new roms that say based off of it are safe right? Wouldn't I have to flash a whole separate fw update from vm to be screwed? I guess I'm just wondering if i need to worry about any of the new roms being packaged with the firmware. I flashed ZR3D 2.0, which is awesome, and firmware say the 1.13..., I'm ok right?

Last thing and off subject where is there a thread or guide to understanding more about rooting and flashing and more in depth stuff? Something other than the newbies guide? I'd like to be able to know this stuff without having to ask a hundred questions on here.

Thanks for any help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones