• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Flashing Multiple zips 4 EXT

toad6386

Android Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2010
So Cen TX
4EXT is supposed to flash multiple zips in one recovery session, correct? In what order should one select the files? Should it be the ROM first, then the update (ie, Cool ICS v12 EvoC THEN Cool ICS v12b EvoC)? And should I select to stay in recovery when I flash multiples?

I've tried to do this before, but didn't get it right. :thinking: I think I had the order right (as above) but I didn't stay in recovery, so it rebooted after the ROM, and didn't flash the update (I think).

(The last time I tried flashing an update I got n00b loops :eek:, and I'm without a volume down key, so there's no easy way to get into bootloader from a loop. :( so I'm making sure I get this right! I think! :D)

Say perhaps your flashing a rom gapps and a few flash able mods.

In order:
Rom
Gapps
Mod1
Mod2
The rom should always be flashed first.

Hope this clears up a little for ya :)

Your selecting the multiples from the 4ext app?

DS

Yes I am selecting from the app. Should I stay in recovery then, and reboot manually, rather than letting the process do it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones