1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [CDMA] Give me only TWO reasons to root :)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sisterwind, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Sisterwind

Sisterwind Member
    None

Jan 14, 2011
    HI guys :) Just switched over from sprint hero (I now have Evo 3d) and with help of this forum was able to root my hero phone. Now if you had the hero you know the reasons to root:
    -slow bloated sprint software
    -not able to delete unused apps
    -phone dial lag

After rooting I enjoyed flashing differnt roms and such.. but here is the the question. Since the evo 3d seems to not have any of the issues above why would I root? (besides free wifi tether)

Advertisement

2. wake69

wake69 Android Expert
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    Security Engineer
    Georgia
    1. full control of your phone bc its your phone. (need i say more?)

2. To have all kinds of phone fun with diff roms kerneld

3. The real and possibly major reason is battery life. I run synergy rom with ziggy kernel oc to 1.5 and uv to .5 and my batt life is amazing. I can go if needed 2 days with out charge but usually get 18 hrs of 3vo fun, games internet movies in 3d etc

Sisterwind likes this.
  3. Sisterwind

Sisterwind Member
    None

Jan 14, 2011
    Yes.... Now I really did not see much of a diffence with battery life on hero. AND you saw that much improvement?? Maybe I will... Maybe

4. wake69

wake69 Android Expert
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    Security Engineer
    Georgia
    a guy i know has the evo3d unrooted and has to carry a charger around everywhere he goes.

5. Sisterwind

Sisterwind Member
    None

Jan 14, 2011
    Guilty as my charged My evo 3d is currently in my work closet hooked to the charger .. lol

So is the synergy rom with ziggy kernel the rom of choice ?

6. wake69

wake69 Android Expert
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    Security Engineer
    Georgia
    i like synergy, it is sense based with ext4 support and runs great. however it is prone to locking up and am currently running infected rom eternity until there is a new nightly released. synergy is the playground of many devs and stuff gets broken. scrolsser's roms are great too but the ziggy kernel which is only in synergy is the best kernel out right noe for the 2.3.4 roms. still waiting on netarchy to do his magic but i think he is on vacation of something

7. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    I usually have 3 reasons to root:

1. to make nandroid back ups so if things go fubar, I can always recover. I didn't have root last week when my E3D took a dump. I have lost all data that weren't synched to Google since I had to do a factory reset. nandroid is a #1 key requirement!!!

2. to have wifi tether.

3. to do screenshots. In the stock E3D you can now do screenshots, so this is as not a big deal as it used to be.

I will always root. Having the stock ROM take a dump last week while I was traveling was a nightmare, with no nandroid to back up from. I will always root for that reason alone, and to have a more reliable ROM than the stock HTC ROM.

8. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Android Expert
    None

Dec 18, 2009
    wake69 is spot on...

Full control of the device giving you the ability to add and remove anything you want. Free tether. Battery life. New innovations as they become available on the market. Support for the phone long after htc abandons it (which will be a while...).

Synergy is tits. As mentioned it will lock up if you use ziggy's kernal (which you still should) but the three finger salute resets it without a battery pull (hold vol up and down and power for about 5 seconds). Mine only locks up once every few days but everything else works. It's a great rom. I put Steelrom a close second.

9. soharian

soharian Newbie
    None

May 16, 2010
    How about these:

1. To run Apps that requires root-Adfree, Quick boot, My back up root etc..
    2. Just because now you can! With help from this forum, XDA and others

and lastly rooting gives you the POWER, that you can... and did not bricked a $500 phone............:D:):p

10. strat1227

strat1227 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    the biggest reason for me is so I can do all the little tweaks that make the phone how I prefer it

ex: status bar on bottom, custom power control bar, overclocked, etc

its usually nothing major or life changing, I just hate when there are small things I wish I could change but I don't have the ability to change, its infuriating

Tags: