• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] HBOOT 1.5 FLASH KERNELS IN RECOVERY (yes i said it right)

Oh no, I specifically flashed the ENG HBOOT just to make sure I couldn't upgrade by accident :p

Once this gets vetted for a week or two, I'll probably include it in my guide. But, personally, I kinda like flashing through fastboot. You can switch recoveries on a fly. Just type 'fastboot boot' and then whatever the recovery image is on your computer's HDD and your phone will boot any recovery you want without flashing it. It's really nice.

Upvote 0
I cant remember where i read it. And dont get me wrong cause i have done the same thing. Theres have been times that the op would say use clockwork so i would do that since i run twrp. Anyway i read that doing that was hard on the recovery partition for some reason. Im gonna try to find the material ill post it if i can find it. You just reminded me though the eng hboot was on my to do list for this phone. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones