• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] hboot 1.5 watermark

elmc

Lurker
May 10, 2010
I am a new owner of a Evo 3D with HBOOT 1.5

I've been reading about the rooting process "watermarking" my phone. What exactly are the consequences of having the watermark?

I previously owned the Evo 4G (Rooted) and when I needed a new speaker i un-rooted it and got it fixed under the Total Equipment Protection (TEP) Program.

Is this not possible if its watermarked?

Should I cancel the TEP if I root then?

Don't worry about it, go ahead and rot your phone, if you have an issue, simply do the same you did before restore your stock ROM and you can get your phone fix, or replaced with no issues.

I am a new owner of a Evo 3D with HBOOT 1.5

I've been reading about the rooting process "watermarking" my phone. What exactly are the consequences of having the watermark?

I previously owned the Evo 4G (Rooted) and when I needed a new speaker i un-rooted it and got it fixed under the Total Equipment Protection (TEP) Program.

Is this not possible if its watermarked?

Should I cancel the TEP if I root then?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones