• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] HELP! evo 3d viper rom.

I am not sure on that Rom, but on mine you hit Menu/settings/system updates/HTC software Updates, and uncheck schedule check

well like i said i got 2.3.3 and viperrom rc1.3 i got a system update available notification. i wanna either update my rom or w.e to get that to go away. or disable the OTA updated from showin up.

Upvote 0
well like i said i got 2.3.3 and viperrom rc1.3 i got a system update available notification. i wanna either update my rom or w.e to get that to go away. or disable the OTA updated from showin up.

Whatever you do dont take the OTA. You should be able to get it to go away by pressing cancel on the notification... But it will come back. There is an updater service that runs... Look in running applications in Settings -> Applications -> running -> Start killing anything with the word update in it.

Other than that there is nothing you can do. Maybe someone has a hack they know of.

Upvote 0
I am not sure on that Rom, but on mine you hit Menu/settings/system updates/HTC software Updates, and uncheck schedule check

+1
that is correct
mmmmmmm..........
I believe he is talking about FOTA not HTC Software. They are different. FOTA = Firmware Over The Air and will always be pushed by sprint regardless of any HTC Software settings.

HTC Software are for little minor things like the widget thing they tried to push and the Watch application that followed the first FOTA release when the device came out.

Doing what you recommend will not stop the FOTA notification.

I believe I am correct in this.... Almost 100% certain because I remember pulling out the HTC Software Updater in SenselessROM but the fota updater was still active.

Like I said, I could be wrong... I dont use Viper ROM so I dont know for fact what he has changed. I dont like snakes! lol

Upvote 0
You are correct, but I thought he said OTA no biggie, sent you info, TTYL

mmmmmmm..........
I believe he is talking about FOTA not HTC Software. They are different. FOTA = Firmware Over The Air and will always be pushed by sprint regardless of any HTC Software settings.

HTC Software are for little minor things like the widget thing they tried to push and the Watch application that followed the first FOTA release when the device came out.

Doing what you recommend will not stop the FOTA notification.

I believe I am correct in this.... Almost 100% certain because I remember pulling out the HTC Software Updater in SenselessROM but the fota updater was still active.

Like I said, I could be wrong... I dont use Viper ROM so I dont know for fact what he has changed. I dont like snakes! lol

Upvote 0
That is what I had mentioned to him, but Scott said he was referring to the FOTA's firmware updates

i am not on viper rom any more, but all i did was disable htc firmware check since that is where the bulk of otas come from. as i said, that is all i did and i got no otas at all

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones