1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[CDMA] HELP! evo 3d viper rom.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by XxGamblexX, Aug 29, 2011.

1. XxGamblexX

XxGamblexX Newbie

i have android version 2.3.3 with rom ViperROM RC1.3 any updates to make my phone stop beepin at me? lol and how do i even turn off official updates from notifications and such?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Do you mean the OTA updates ??

3. XxGamblexX

XxGamblexX Newbie

yes. ota. sorry couldnt remember the lingo lol. i get ps3. xbox. phones. everything mixed to one lol

4. XxGamblexX

XxGamblexX Newbie

i wanna keep the rom and root. im just lookin for a updated rom. if there is one

5. scrosler

scrosler Android Enthusiast

I got a couple ideas, lol

6. XxGamblexX

XxGamblexX Newbie

7. DonB

I think he meant, load his Roms, LOL they are great, you won't regret it, great support also

scrosler likes this.
  8. XxGamblexX

XxGamblexX Newbie

well like i said i got 2.3.3 and viperrom rc1.3 i got a system update available notification. i wanna either update my rom or w.e to get that to go away. or disable the OTA updated from showin up.

9. DonB

I am not sure on that Rom, but on mine you hit Menu/settings/system updates/HTC software Updates, and uncheck schedule check

10. wake69

wake69 Android Expert

+1
    that is correct

11. scrosler

Whatever you do dont take the OTA. You should be able to get it to go away by pressing cancel on the notification... But it will come back. There is an updater service that runs... Look in running applications in Settings -> Applications -> running -> Start killing anything with the word update in it.

Other than that there is nothing you can do. Maybe someone has a hack they know of.

12. scrosler

mmmmmmm..........
    I believe he is talking about FOTA not HTC Software. They are different. FOTA = Firmware Over The Air and will always be pushed by sprint regardless of any HTC Software settings.

HTC Software are for little minor things like the widget thing they tried to push and the Watch application that followed the first FOTA release when the device came out.

Doing what you recommend will not stop the FOTA notification.

I believe I am correct in this.... Almost 100% certain because I remember pulling out the HTC Software Updater in SenselessROM but the fota updater was still active.

Like I said, I could be wrong... I dont use Viper ROM so I dont know for fact what he has changed. I dont like snakes! lol

13. DonB

You are correct, but I thought he said OTA no biggie, sent you info, TTYL

14. scrosler

Indeed. He lacked clarity in the posting which is why I made my final statement so the OP would now what to expect depending on his situation.

15. wake69

wake69 Android Expert

I disabled that launch day and got absolutely no updates forced or not

16. XxGamblexX

XxGamblexX Newbie

Sorry. I'm quite new to rooting. This is my first root and first android phone lol

17. DonB

Since you seem to be on the Viper Rom, you may want to explain to him how to disable that, if possible now ??

18. wake69

wake69 Android Expert

i am not on viper rom any more, but all i did was disable htc firmware check since that is where the bulk of otas come from. as i said, that is all i did and i got no otas at all

19. DonB

That is what I had mentioned to him, but Scott said he was referring to the FOTA's firmware updates

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews