1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[CDMA] Help!! Root evo 3d after update??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ramosk6, Aug 13, 2012.

1. ramosk6

ramosk6 Lurker

is it possible to root evo 3d after the ics update sprint sent out? i have a mac and i need a step by step guide on how to do this since i am new to rooting.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Hello, you seem to have posted this in the warp section.I will get this moved to evo 3d land for you to get some responses from others with your device

ramosk6 likes this.
  3. ramosk6

ramosk6 Lurker

thankyou!

Rxpert83 likes this.
  4. ramosk6

ramosk6 Lurker

is it possible to root evo 3d after the ics update sprint sent out? i have a mac and i need a step by step guide on how to do this since i am new to rooting.

5. Scooley01

Scooley01 Lurker

I would also like to know if there is a way to do this. I downloaded the OTA expecting I could live without root for a while until the new version is rootable, but it turns out I really need wifi-tether for work this weekend. Hopefully there is a way to root after this update!

Edit: I just read something about HTCDev unlocking the bootloader. Does that allow apps to have root access? Would I have to flash a different ROM?

6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

HTC dev will do a factory reset on your device, allow you to put on a custom recovery, and gain su access.

With HTC dev there are usually some quirks that full s-off users don't have to worry about, so I would wait for instructions from a fellow 3d user before proceeding

7. Scooley01

Scooley01 Lurker

Aw man, I didn't want to do a reset. Hopefully someone on here has some other options!

8. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

bmurtha likes this.

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews