• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] htc evo 3d 1.40 s-off stuck in bootloop

ninjamikec

Lurker
Jul 5, 2012
Hi, so ive been searching the forums about rooting help. I had the nocturnal rom rooted on my phone for months. i went to play an app called "the word by stephen colbert" and my phone crashed. i tried turning it back on and now im stuck in bootloop

i can get to recovery and i tried flashing new roms but it is always stuck in bootloop. i cleared cache/devlik all that and tried installing another rom and nothing happens. i can get into clockwork recovery and it will install but still just stuck in bootloop.

when recovery starts it says no pg86 image found im not sure if this helps.

any suggestions would help...thank you!

Hi, so ive been searching the forums about rooting help. I had the nocturnal rom rooted on my phone for months. i went to play an app called "the word by stephen colbert" and my phone crashed. i tried turning it back on and now im stuck in bootloop

i can get to recovery and i tried flashing new roms but it is always stuck in bootloop. i cleared cache/devlik all that and tried installing another rom and nothing happens. i can get into clockwork recovery and it will install but still just stuck in bootloop.

when recovery starts it says no pg86 image found im not sure if this helps.

any suggestions would help...thank you!

Sounds like it is looking for something to flash in the bootloader.
Not a big deal....shouldn't find anything there anyway.

Have you done the factory reset and tried to restore a nandroid?

You could also try an alternate recovery 4ext is pretty sweet.
Is has a format all except SD card option that works VERY well!

Upvote 0
Pull out the SD card and go back into recovery. Does it still give you the no pg 86 error?

If you can, back up your SD card to a PC and then reformat it (FAT32 formatting). And then put it back in. Then run the 1.13.651.7 RUU. Goo.im Downloads - Downloading RUU_Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_1.13.651.7_Radio_0.97.10.0530_NV_NV_SPCS_1.16_release_198109_signed.exe

It won't remove S-OFF, but you'll have to reflash the Hboot 1.4 bootloader before fastboot will work again (I can dig up the file if you need it). Then you just need to reflash recovery and then reflash a rooted ROM and you should be back up to speed.

Then you can move stuff back onto your SD card, but be careful. Something on it may have corrupted your system to start with. I would only transfer stuff you are sure you want/need and nix the rest.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones