1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[CDMA] HTC Evo 3D Booting Problem SOLVED

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Allcost, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Allcost

Allcost Lurker

So I watched a tutorial on how to flash roms without S-Off. The guy said to use HTC Dumlock, so I did. I flashed the zip for the app, opened it up. booted into recovery, flashed the restore-original-boot.zip, and now it always boots into recovery when I turn it on or whatever.I'm thinking that I may have deleted the original boot.img, but I did back up everything that was on my sdcard to my pc, even my nandroid. Also to throw out there, the nandroid backup doesnt work either. Any help to fix this is MUCH APPRECIATED!

HTC Evo 3D (CDMA I do believe)
    Running Stock ROM
    Android version 4.0.3

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Allcost

Allcost Lurker

Turns out it's CDMA, so could this be moved again to the cdma? Also, i think I just need S-Off to fix this

3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Moved. Best of luck! :)

Allcost likes this.
  4. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender

What type of rom did you try to flash? Jb?

If so that might be the problem. Tried flashing an ics rom for now?

Allcost likes this.
  5. Allcost

Allcost Lurker

I tried flashing the PACMAN ROM which I do believe is JB, didnt work at all. But then I used HTC dumlock and it rebooted into recovery. Now it always boots into recovery. A guy told me I'd need S-Off for something about boot-partition. Also, any ROMS I've flashed still boots into recovery.

6. Allcost

Allcost Lurker

Ok, all clear now guys. Solved the problem. Just reflashed original boot.img from my pc. Thanks though!

scotty85 likes this.
  7. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

sorry for the late reply,glad you are sorted :cool:

IMO,dumblock is a PITA. it basically is putting your recovery into the boot partition(wich is why it would only boot to recovery) so that kernels are installable.

i personally wold just flash boot images manually,or you can launch your recovery into phone memory with fastboot boot recoveryimagename.img and then it bascially does the same thing as dumlock,but without having to replace your boot image.

the guys say ext 4 will flash kernels for you,but i have no experience with that. ext 4 is a nice recovery either way,id highly recomend you give it a shot.

s-off does make your life a bunch easier if you are a flash o holic :D

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews