1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [CDMA] HTC EVO 3D without 4G internet after rooted and rom installed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SkyDragon, Aug 21, 2011.

1. SkyDragon

SkyDragon Lurker
    None

Aug 20, 2011
    Hello all,

I rooted my phone last night and installed Viper Rom and for some reason, I can't turn on 4g capability for my phone. I wonder if it's because i rooted my phone or it's because the rom does not support 4g? If it's the Rom. Do you guys have any suggestion for a good Rom that support 4g internet?

Thank you.

Advertisement

2. edp

edp Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 20, 2009
    i hope you did a nandroid (backup) before you flashed the rom. and as far as i know, wimax should work with all the current roms. try flashing back to your backup, and then reflash viper rom.

3. SkyDragon

SkyDragon Lurker
    None

Aug 20, 2011
    eekkk i know i did a back up before i flashed to a new rom. I tried to restore it today and it got stuck at the HTC screen. Any idea why that happened?

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Welcome to forums!

Sorry about the circumstances, but I bet we can help you find the best way to solve this problem.

If it's just stuck, not looping on and off, pull the battery for a good minute and see if that cures it.

Your recovery - Clockwork Mod or TWRP?

Root - revolutionary or HTC unlock?

5. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Android Expert
    None

Dec 18, 2009
    There was an app on the market written by someone I trusted that checked your 4g keys but I can't remember who or what it was called. I tried searching for it but couldn't find it either. Anyone remember what it was or have a copy for him to try?

6. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    First: Relax

Second: Yank the battery and go into CWM or TWRP (whichever you have) by pushing Vol Down + power. Clear Dalvik cache and cache partition. Reboot. This boot may take up to 5 minutes, so be patient.

Third: If this fixes your problem, you can try flashing Viper again, but I'd recommend you check the MD5 checksum to make sure you have a good file. If the checksum is good, you can try reflashing it. Remember to clear out Dalvik and cache partitions before you flash. Wiping data is also a good idea, but not always necessary.

Tags: