• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] HTC Unlock for HBOOT 1.5

beatdroppah

Mar 18, 2011
Indiana
anyone else having any trouble using the HTC method to unlock on 1.5 hboot? i have tried so many times ive lost count. ive looked everywhere as to why its not working, but to no avail.

MY problem, which is when you enter the command to send the unlock token to your phone, and its supposed to give you the pop-up asking if you want to unlock your bootloader(very last step i think), and nothing EVER pops up. ive tried many times.

the ONLY "solution" ive found, searching Google, is that a(or a few) battery pulls in between tries, usually will trigger the bootloader unlock screen to pop up, but i have done a battery pull more than ive wished to, and it has yet to work.

Reactions: juni0088
I have no experience with the HTC tool, but what version of the Android SDK are you using? I'd make sure it would be the Gingerbread (2.3) edition rather than the newest one for ICS. That may be a problem (but I'm not sure). Also, you could probably contact HTC and get them to help you out if no one here knows how to help.

Also, are you on a Windows machine, a Linux or a Mac? I think Mac users have had more trouble than the other two OSes combined.

Upvote 0
I have no experience with the HTC tool, but what version of the Android SDK are you using? I'd make sure it would be the Gingerbread (2.3) edition rather than the newest one for ICS. That may be a problem (but I'm not sure). Also, you could probably contact HTC and get them to help you out if no one here knows how to help.

Also, are you on a Windows machine, a Linux or a Mac? I think Mac users have had more trouble than the other two OSes combined.

hey thanks for the reply. but wow yeah i just checked, and i dont even have the 2.3.3 one installed...even tho i SWEAR i did, a while back, install that one. dang..i hope it wasnt something as simple as this that caused all my frustration... lol. if this fixes it, i owe you a ton! ill post back here as soon as i install, and try to root again.

but until then, for further info, i do have a Windows machine, 64-bit. i dont supppose being 64-bit matters tho, as ive seen plenty of people succeed with Windows 7, 64-bit

Upvote 0
hey thanks for the reply. but wow yeah i just checked, and i dont even have the 2.3.3 one installed...even tho i SWEAR i did, a while back, install that one. dang..i hope it wasnt something as simple as this that caused all my frustration... lol. if this fixes it, i owe you a ton! ill post back here as soon as i install, and try to root again.

but until then, for further info, i do have a Windows machine, 64-bit. i dont supppose being 64-bit matters tho, as ive seen plenty of people succeed with Windows 7, 64-bit

Heh, I kinda hope it was something as simple as the SDK version. That's an easy fix :)

Upvote 0
You need to flash a prior build of the stock ROM. Look for

"RUU_Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_2.08.651.2_Radio_0.97.10.0808_NV_SPCS_1.31_003_release_208230_signed.exe"

and run it. Worked for me when I had the exact same problem.

didnt work.... i get a bootloader version error, when i run the RUU update .exe every time, tried a dozen times. cant find a solution anywhere online either.

Upvote 0
Does it bomb during the reversion process or when you try the HTC unlock method after a successful reversion?
well so far, im still at step one. i have not gotten any method/trick to work. couldnt get a temp root, the new 1.5 hboot unlock program someone posted doesnt work, the HTC Bootloader unlock method...i get to the last step, where it pushes the unlock token to the phone, there by prompting my phone to either select yes unlock bootloader, or no. (i never get that prompt to come up, yet it always says token sent successfully.) from there, i was told to use that update file, to revert it back to a later build, yet i get "bootloader version error" when i run the RUU update. this makes no sense. lol. im so frustrated. why cant this be as easy as it was with my Captivate lol.

Upvote 0
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. IS THERE ANOTHER WAY TO FLASH THE 2.08RUU OTHER THAN RUNNING THE PROGRAM FROM MY PC CAUSE I ALSO GET THE ERROR.....MY PHONE REACTS TO THE PC WHEN I RUN THE "RUU_Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_2.08.651.2_Radio_0.97.10 .0808_NV_SPCS_1.31_003_release_208230_signed.exe" BUT I TOO GET THE ERROR HALFWAY THROUGH THE PROCCESS.
.....AND OBVIOUSLY I TOO AM PUSHING THE UNLOCK TOKEN....SUCCESSFULLY ON THE PC BUT THE PHONE DOESN'T REACT

Upvote 0
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. IS THERE ANOTHER WAY TO FLASH THE 2.08RUU OTHER THAN RUNNING THE PROGRAM FROM MY PC CAUSE I ALSO GET THE ERROR.....MY PHONE REACTS TO THE PC WHEN I RUN THE "RUU_Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_2.08.651.2_Radio_0.97.10 .0808_NV_SPCS_1.31_003_release_208230_signed.exe" BUT I TOO GET THE ERROR HALFWAY THROUGH THE PROCCESS.
.....AND OBVIOUSLY I TOO AM PUSHING THE UNLOCK TOKEN....SUCCESSFULLY ON THE PC BUT THE PHONE DOESN'T REACT

Try a more recent RUU. 651.3 or 651.5 should work for you.

Upvote 0
I updated my phone and now have 651.5. still the phone doesn't react when i enter this in the command prompt with the unlock bin fie i received after submitting the unlock identifier token
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

i get this on my computer but my phone does nothing....

C:\Users\SLIMM\Desktop\evo3d>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.153s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
(bootloader) unlock token check successfully
OKAY [ 0.009s]
finished. total time: 0.163s

Upvote 0
I updated my phone and now have 651.5. still the phone doesn't react when i enter this in the command prompt with the unlock bin fie i received after submitting the unlock identifier token
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

i get this on my computer but my phone does nothing....

C:\Users\SLIMM\Desktop\evo3d>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.153s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
(bootloader) unlock token check successfully
OKAY [ 0.009s]
finished. total time: 0.163s

yep you are in the EXACT same boat as me. granted my android/rooting skill level/knowledge is only prolly a 6 or 7/10, i am, and always have been, a heavily tech-influenced guy, and so i know alot about computers, and technology and what not. i even knew alot about roooting and ROMs when i had my Captivate, i had become very familiar with the rooting community and such, and even still this not working, is making NO sense to me, as to why not. which leads me to this:

ive been told to downgrade to a different software version. i run the installer, it gets half way, and fails saying its an incompatible boot version, which im not sure how. apparently i need an older version so that the HTC unlock method will work. too bad NONE of the update exe's ive tried work... this is bullshit dude. ive also updated ALL my SDK stuff, all my drivers, everything. and still nothing

Upvote 0
yeah i've tried to install 2.o8.651.2 from the pc with my phone on and the computer shutsoff the phone and i get an htc screen. after a couple minuted i get an error 140 bootloader version error. i left a post a couple days ago, no one has responded. i'm not sure what other people are doing different than me to get response.......whats a trackback

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones