• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] I want to root it, can someone guide me

I moved your thread on it's own, you will be best served here.ask all your questions related to your issues and guidance you need here, it will be easier for all to help and follow.

Now you were in the correct section, just not the right thread to post for help, I would start reading up on that thread, and then get familiar with the terms and the process, then we will be able to guide you best.

Make sure you give us as much info on you current phone setup, and what HBoot you are on, so we can direct you you in a matter that will be seamless and easy.

Start with reading the Newbie guide and ask any question you need answered. Complete Newbie's Guide to rooting and flashing Evo 3D ROMs

Upvote 0

HTC Evo Hacks! - Best HTC Evo 4G, Evo 3D, Evo 4G LTE Hacks

I went here and followed the steps in the video. Read the tut as well as the video rolls along. He is hard to understand in a couple spots. Copy and paste the command in the tut as u move along. All files are there in the tut too.

I had trouble using tuts on here. IDK why, but i couldnt get rooted, but went to that site and Im rooted.

2 things on the guide here.... Know what version your software is. Also, power and volume down to get into hboot. Note the version. (1.50, 1.40, 1.58, etc)

ITS EASIER THAN IT LOOKS.

How to Root Evo 3D! [2.08.651.2 and Later] [HTC Unlock Method] | HTC Evo 4G Hacks!

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones