• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

manchintz

Lurker
May 10, 2010
Was on the phone with verizon because i needed to get a coupon added and the rep said the cdma version of the iphone will start production in september..but he doesnt know of course if verizon is getting it. how do you feel if verizon does get it? content with the incredible?

You're gonna get some fun comments.

Honestly...before the DInc was released my wife and I decided that we were gonna get the DInc and if we didn't like them we would switch to AT&T iPhone when the new one comes out this summer.

I was, at first, not as happy as I thought I would be and I was ready to return the phone. After being blasted for merely suggesting it, and after some searching, tweaking and some app downloads I really do love my phone and have turned several BB users into DInc users.

So to more simply answer your question...no. If it does ever make its way to Verizon, the only version of it that would tempt me would be the LTE version. But once LTE is up and running, I'd be willing to bet that the Android selection(s) will crush Apple's offering(note that offering is singular).

Upvote 0
Was on the phone with verizon because i needed to get a coupon added and the rep said the cdma version of the iphone will start production in september..but he doesnt know of course if verizon is getting it. how do you feel if verizon does get it? content with the incredible?
This is probably the nicest response you'll receive today. Not to be disrespectful, but you are on a website called "android forums" in a forum called "HTC Incredible"....if you want to talk about the Iphone, go to their forums, don't troll in our waters, you are sure to be eaten by the Android!!!

Upvote 0
I was holding out for an iPhone for a while, then the Droid Incredible came out. I watched a video on it and forgot all about the iPhone. It certainly didn't help that OS 4 didn't really wow me.

I have an iPod Touch, and a Mac. The iPhone would have been the logical choice, but I'm just loving the freedom that Android gives you too much to really care about even switching to the iPhone now. I've even made a few iPhone users (some hardcore apple fans too!) jealous :)

iPhones are great pieces of hardware. They're simple and easy to use for people who just want the thing to work when they use it. If you like to get in there and mess with the phone, then the iPhone isn't really for you (unless you jailbreak it).

I'm probably going to be jailbreaking my iPod Touch once the warranty is up next month.

Upvote 0
Ehhh, the iphone just doesn't do it for me. I could care less if they made a CDMA version. I purchased the Incredible because it's the best phone on the market right now. Even if a CDMA version of the iphone came out and you paid $50 on every cell bill I would recieve it still wouldn't be enough of an incentive to have that phone. It's just boring. I would rather keep my Dinc and pay my full bill on my own.

Upvote 0

Not sure if you are trolling, but there is no comparison. The DInc is much better than the iPhone; in fact, it's not even a fair battle. There is no way I would even momentarily entertain the thought of switching to an iPhone. I ditched my Touch for the Zune HD. Looks like Apple is just not keeping up. Fanbois need not flame, been there and done that, there is nothing anyone can say that will convince me that the iPhone is even a contender.

Upvote 0
The other night I had dinner with a friend who was very impressed with my new Inc. After dinner my friend was going to hang out with another guy who was just getting off work from his restaurant job. We went to the restaurant and sat down to hang out for a bit.
My friend's friend came and sat down with us and pretty much instantly took out his iPhone to show off. I told him that I just got a new phone and let him look at my Inc while he gave me his iPhone to play with.

Here's what he saw:
Seven home screens each layed out with my favorite apps and widgets just like I want. Most screens have 4 apps and 1 widget so there's a lot of open space and it feels really nice to use. Plus I have a bright yellow/black/teal graffiti style background that looks absolutely ridiculous on the AMOLED screen. The phone fits perfectly in your hand and you can easiliy control the touchscreen single-handedly.

What I saw:
Three home screens packed with a mess of apps and on a shitty stock background. Display does not look as good (obviously) and the phone is short and stubby in comparison to mine.

I didn't go on about how I felt about it. We just switched back without saying much. I felt sorry for him.

Apple has been surpassed. The 4G looks sexy but it's old news already: Apple doesn't make computers they make toys.

Upvote 0
The other night I had dinner with a friend who was very impressed with my new Inc. After dinner my friend was going to hang out with another guy who was just getting off work from his restaurant job. We went to the restaurant and sat down to hang out for a bit.
My friend's friend came and sat down with us and pretty much instantly took out his iPhone to show off. I told him that I just got a new phone and let him look at my Inc while he gave me his iPhone to play with.

Here's what he saw:
Seven home screens each layed out with my favorite apps and widgets just like I want. Most screens have 4 apps and 1 widget so there's a lot of open space and it feels really nice to use. Plus I have a bright yellow/black/teal graffiti style background that looks absolutely ridiculous on the AMOLED screen. The phone fits perfectly in your hand and you can easiliy control the touchscreen single-handedly.

What I saw:
Three home screens packed with a mess of apps and on a shitty stock background. Display does not look as good (obviously) and the phone is short and stubby in comparison to mine.

I didn't go on about how I felt about it. We just switched back without saying much. I felt sorry for him.

Apple has been surpassed. The 4G looks sexy but it's old news already: Apple doesn't make computers they make toys.

Ha, I almost feel bad for the guy. Almost.

A CMDA iPhone has been coming soon to Verizon since, what, like a year ago? Some speculate that it's just investors throwing rumors out there so they can buy stock, put a rumor out to jump the stock price, then sell at the higher price. Sounds about right to me (and I don't even wear a tin foil hat).

Upvote 0
This is probably the nicest response you'll receive today. Not to be disrespectful, but you are on a website called "android forums" in a forum called "HTC Incredible"....if you want to talk about the Iphone, go to their forums, don't troll in our waters, you are sure to be eaten by the Android!!!

To be fair, he did ask if you are content with your incredible, so I say game on! Just keep it to a discussion.

I have had iphones, and have reviewed the leaks of the new one. It's heavier than the incredible (10grams heaver than the prior gen IIRC), and I don't think the features will warrant moving from Android.

Even if it shows up on vz, they will sell a bunch to the lemmings, and increase their share. But it's still a device (current and rumors) that can't touch the Droid Incredible in features.

I'm so content with my DI, that even if an evo came to VZ, I'd probably not buy one.

Upvote 0
I will say this... The one advantage the iphone does have is the app store. Coming from an I-phone I will admit that this was a slight disappointment. There are a lot of apps but a ton of them aren't polished yet and there are also what seems like a ton of pointless apps as well (naked pics anyone).

As far as the phone is considered it isn't even close and the Incredible wins hands down.

Upvote 0
Same response I made in another thread about this same thing: I was an iPhone user for 3+ years before I got the INC. I still have a 27" iMac as my main computer and an iPad. If a Verizon iPhone came out tommorow, I would NOT switch from my INC.
I wouldn't switch either, and last year I was dying for a verizon iphone, but now that I have discovered Android you couldn't pay me to take one....also...how are you liking the Ipad? My wife is wanting one and perhaps me too, but I'm thinking about waiting for the Android tablets to come out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones