1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CDMA/LTE ve CDMA Only (settings)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by -=Jeff=-, Sep 25, 2011.

1. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert

I just bought a Bionic yesterday, it is replacing a Droid X ( that I need to sell now..LOL)

Anyway I was under the impression that if you switch the network settings to CDMA only, you will still get 3G data. when I do that I don't get any data.

While I should be fine leaving it on CDMA/LTE all the time it would be nice if you can turn off the LTE/4G

I do have an extended battery (at 50%) I could not pass on it.

I just hope it will last me all day.. my X would last from 6:30am to 11pm and more recently was at 50% when put on the charger

SO far I like the Bionic..

2. Kevmueller

Kevmueller Android Expert

Welcome to the Bionic I also came from the X myself. I have had no problem changing my setting to CDMA only and keeping my 3G. I have noticed a lot better battery life when I am on this setting.

3. droidfan1

droidfan1 Android Enthusiast

I get better battery when I use CDMA/LTE

4. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert

Hmm, I have only had this phone for less then a day. need to try out with 4g see how it does

So I tried this again,

Here is how is seems to work on my phone

if it is in CDMA/LTE then I switch to CDMA only, then the 4g huts of 3g Flashes and I have no Data

If I reboot with CDMA only, I get 3G

as soon as I switch to CDMA/LTE, if I switch back I have to reboot for any data connectivity..

if it is a fault of the phone I will swap it, but for now I will leave it on 4g and see how it goes

5. PhilD

PhilD Well-Known Member

this is not normal, you should not have to reboot to get data back every time you switch between cdma and cdma/let modes. maybe once in a while it might get hung up, but not every time. since you just got the phone, i'd do a factory reset. if you still can't maintain a data connection after that (and before installing any apps), i'd take it back and swap it for a new one. just my opinion.

6. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert

I just tried it again.. switched from CDMA\LTE to CDMA Only and it worked. went to 3g

I will leave it on 4g if I can get it to last a day.. so far so good and I was without service for a good 1.5 hours today and still not dead

7. kingnut

kingnut Well-Known Member

thats like saying i get better gas mileage when i floor it. when 4G is turned off its one less radio drawing power.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews