1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root [CDMA] Moto G Stock 4.4.4 and 5.1 Soak Tests {Boost Mobile}

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SuperR, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Slayer72

Slayer72 Android Expert

The update wasn't failing because of your unlocked bootloader and CWM, all you had to do was flash the stock recovery if you were already on stock, if not you could've just did like I did for mine and a friend's phone, I fastbooted our phones back to the latest stock 4.4.2 then got the 4.4.4 update and both phones got it with no problem... :smokingsomb: :car:

Advertisement

2. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer Thread Starter

I just flashed it and it opens and shows my messages...but when I open a message thread I can't send a message or even scroll through the messages without it force closing. I may modify the 4.4.4 Mms.apk at some point but won't have time for a while.

3. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert

It looks like the hotspot no longer works on 4.4.4, at least not by changing the build.prop line as on 4.4.2. It simply says error :(

4. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert

Well that's interesting. I rebooted and it still says error and grays out. Happy to hear yours is working :)

5. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert

Just added Tweaked MMS 4.4.4 White to the OP. The black one will take more time than I have now.

6. hitesh123

hitesh123 Android Enthusiast

Mine tethering works fine , in first boot it didn't . also for me (non boost activated), I have to take long way via SQL edit.
    But worked for me .

7. Kmac940

Kmac940 Newbie

Yea that's what I want it to do. I have no way if reactivation my phone and that's what I need I need it to reconnect to the towers and update prl and profile. Right now I have no service at all...

8. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert

I believe you can only do those ##XXXXX# codes on stock roms

9. travioso

travioso Android Expert

Ok just fyi if anyone runs into anything similar.. I could swear I updated the partition before flashing the update.. updated prl and that once loading, then went back to custom Rom.. come to find out sms didn't work.. Not even after reflashing stock.. after lots of fiddling/reflashing I did a wipe, flashed part update, flashed stock then part update again.. all is well.. Not sure what went wrong the first time but figure I'd save someone a headache :)

10. Kmac940

Kmac940 Newbie

This is what I get and I downloaded the Rom again to be safe on high speed WiFi. I'm trying to get a stock Rom to reactivate my phone

[​IMG]

11. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert

I would try using a different recovery (i use cwm swipe 6.0.4.7 from this page), check the md5 of your download against the md5 listed on the download page to be sure it is not corrupt, download it again, or try flashing it from the internal sdcard instead of OTG.

Kmac940 likes this.
  12. Kmac940

Kmac940 Newbie

Ok so anybody got a cwm flashable zip lol? I have no computer :/ Sorry for being so difficult but thank you guys y'all are way more helpful and faster responding than the xda thread lol

13. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert

Here you go man. Just put this together for you. I think we needed it anyway ;)

CWM-swipe-6.0.4.7-falcon.zip

Dslack420, Kmac940 and Member1660584 like this.
  14. Kmac940

Kmac940 Newbie

You sir, are my new bff lol. Thanks brother!!!

15. hitesh123

hitesh123 Android Enthusiast

I uses twrp 2.7 falcon version and work good.
    Also on unmodified 4.4.2 (ver175). Was able to pull ota zip from other device and was able to update thru twrp .
    Also all superR zip works perfectly with twrp 2.7.0.0 flacon.

That error is from either bad download or need to reboot to recovery after updating partition tables

16. Kmac940

Kmac940 Newbie

So I flashed cm recovery thanks to super r, flashed stock boost ROM with root, reactivated, updated PRL and profile, now I'm on Gummy ROM with cellular and data working like a charm! You guys rock thanks for all the help!!!

17. Kmac940

Kmac940 Newbie

[​IMG]

Now I have 5G lol jk. It's a mod. And yes I know it's technically a Gnex device in the pic but close enough lol

18. ravious

ravious Newbie

Error: This package is for "xt1031, falcon_cdma, falcon" devices; this is a "xt1032".

Any advice?

This is a boost moto g.

19. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen)

The first generation Moto G was the released in November of 2013. The phone was the first in Motorola's new mid-range line that targeted the sweet spot between specs and pricing. It originally built for emerging markets, but also saw success as a low-priced Android phone option in other parts of the world. The Moto G 1st Gen features Features 4.5-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 400 processor, 16GB storage, 1GB RAM. 5MP rear/1.3MP front facing cameras, and a removable 2,070 mAh battery.