• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] N00b (ish) question

Alright everyone so i have an interesting question at least to me, maybe you can help! So i just finished rooting my 3D with revolutionary (Yey) everything went fine and i have superuser... and so on and so forth. My question is: I have an older "S-ON" tool (Zip file) from unrevoked that was used for the original evo to undo your S-OFF in case you had to take into to sprint for replacement... would it be bad to try and flash that on my 3D since its a different bootloader? Dont want to brick my beauty =) Thanks!

Alright everyone so i have an interesting question at least to me, maybe you can help! So i just finished rooting my 3D with revolutionary (Yey) everything went fine and i have superuser... and so on and so forth. My question is: I have an older "S-ON" tool (Zip file) from unrevoked that was used for the original evo to undo your S-OFF in case you had to take into to sprint for replacement... would it be bad to try and flash that on my 3D since its a different bootloader? Dont want to brick my beauty =) Thanks!

DO NOT use that. There is a method to return the EVO 3D back to stock with S-ON that works. I've done it. Look for the thread in this forum with a link to the instructions.

http://androidforums.com/evo-3d-all-things-root/388019-toggling-back-s-removing-root-possible.html

Upvote 0

The unrevoked S-OFF exploit was designed for Evo 4G on Froyo. It doesn't even work for Evo 4G on Gingerbread. Therefore, the undo (S-ON) you're referring to clearly won't work on Evo 3D. Not an option. The RUU method mentioned in the thread above is the way to unroot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones