1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [CDMA] New to themeing my phone need help please.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BRZPR, Sep 19, 2011.

1. BRZPR

BRZPR Lurker
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    IT
    PR
    Hey everyone well I'm new to the themeing your phone idea and I need some help and clarification.

I have a small obsession with the Cyberdyne and Skynet themes from the terminator movies so I wanted to theme my Computer and Phone (Evo 3D) to them. After looking around I found the perfect theme that fits the look. Red Venom: [THEME] ▄ █ ▄ RED VENOM v3.0 ▄ █ ▄ 8/28/2011 FOR [SHOOTER|SYNERGY|VIPER] [ZEUS MOD] - xda-developers

Now from what i understand I will have to root my phone. If I do can some one tell me if this is a good way to do it: [GUIDE] How to Root the HTC EVO 3D [Video Walkthrough] - xda-developers

and second of all if someone could clarify how to install this theme i would greatly appreciate it. I know I'm noobing up the place but I promise I'm a fast learner.

thanx for your help

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Noob it up all you like! :p

I'm going to move your post to the Evo root section as they'll be able to tell you the best methods available for rooting your device.

As for the theme stuff, most themes come as a zip file and are flashable in an app called Clockworkmod recovery. Once you read up a bit more on rooting, it will become clear what clockwork is and what it can do.

3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    First, did you take all the OTAs and have Android version 2.3.4 installed?

If yes, then that XDA thread is useless to you, as that method has been closed. Use the HTC method instead: http://androidforums.com/evo-3d-all...vo-3d-rooting-essentials-official-thread.html It's the 3rd paragraph down.

If not, then you can follow that thread.

Second: You need a ROM. If you're on Android 2.3.4, then Viper is out, as it's a 2.3.3 ROM (for the time being). If you're still on 2.3.3, then Viper is an option (found here). Download one of the following:

&#9733; &#9734; &#9733;|ROM|Nightly|&#9668;&#9679;|Synergy 3Dvo|&#9679;&#9658;|2.3.4|ZIGGY KERNEL|MPD CPU1 TWEAK|ZEUSMODS|&#9733; &#9734; &#9733; - xda-developers
    or
    [UPDATE=09/17/11][RSL4][XRON 357 Six-Shooter[2.08.651][2.3.4][Odex/Deodex] - xda-developers

While in Clockwork or TWRP, wipe dalvik cache and cache partition. Wiping data is recommended, but not always necessary. If you choose not to wipe data and you have problems, wipe dalvik, cache, and data, then reflash the ROM.

Install in either custom recovery, either Clockwork Mod or TWRP, by installing from zip file. After this is done, reboot the device. The first boot will take a bit.

Reboot into recovery (most ROMs have a way to reboot to recovery by holding power button). Wipe cache and dalvik again and then flash that theme. Reboot (remembering that it takes awhile after you wipe dalvik and cache) and it should be good.

Tags: