• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] newb here, need help...

jg21jon

Lurker
Jan 25, 2010
So I just rooted my phone which had hboot 1.58 and have s-off now ...... I have been reading on how to flash new roms and am a little confused. Do I need to flash via hboot and flash from zip through the phone or does this need to be done via mini-adb which was used to root ??? Also what is a recommended stable ROM for hboot 1.58 ???
Thanks in advance and im sorry if i over looked something in previous threads.

if you are s-off you dont need any special procedures,just boot to your permanent recovery and flash :)

at this point,you dont really need to change your hboot,id leave it alone for now.

my 3d is gsm,so ill let one of the others reccomend a rom for you.

just holler if youve other questions :)

Upvote 0
Ok I figured it out thanks so much. I installed 4ext recovery and that helped. For some reason when I would try and go into recovery and flash the ROM I was bootlooping. Might have been the ROM I guess.... Working now, thanks again.

awsome,glad you got it working :smokingsomb:

you may have had a simple firmware incompatibility issue. alot of roms for this device require certain hboots. :)

Upvote 0
So I just rooted my phone which had hboot 1.58 and have s-off now ...... I have been reading on how to flash new roms and am a little confused. Do I need to flash via hboot and flash from zip through the phone or does this need to be done via mini-adb which was used to root ??? Also what is a recommended stable ROM for hboot 1.58 ???
Thanks in advance and im sorry if i over looked something in previous threads.

I recommend Jounutpunt 1.50.5050 h.boot.
It's perfect for AOSP/AOKP/CM Rom Builds.
Just remember after you finish flashing this bootloader remove it off SD card.
S-off Required!!!!
Dev-Host - 1.50.5050 h.boot.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

I appreciated devs hard work.
Thanks, guys for y'all hard work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones