1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[CDMA] No sound. hesitant dialpad. FC music

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jxlee0215, Dec 24, 2011.

1. jxlee0215

jxlee0215 Newbie

rooted 3d w/ hboot 1.5 s-on
    rom:cleanrom 2.9.5

I'm getting no sound. My dialpad pauses for a second when i press a number everytime i press a number. when trying to playing an mp3 thru htc music player, it Force close. When using ES media player it shows status "playing" but the time elapsed is not moving.

troubleshoot:
    tried different roms, but didn't work
    tried stock kernel, didn't work
    checked settings, seems like everything on, but still no sound.
    tried changing ringtone, but still no sound
    Used audio manager app. All volume profile is on

i'm pretty sure it's a software issue, but don't know what else to do. any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Hope you didn't blow your speaker, do you have Bluetooth so you can see if you get sound on the Bluetooth, also connect headphones and see if you have sound that way, that will tell us more.

3. jxlee0215

jxlee0215 Newbie

Headphones don't work either. Icon shows up. I don't have a blue tooth to test it. But I think it's not a hardware issue. I tried you tube app, and the can move the time elapsed slider but same thing, it will just stay still

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

try going into recovery and wipe dalvik cache and cache.

5. jxlee0215

jxlee0215 Newbie

did a few times. Doesn't help.

6. devinEVO

devinEVO Well-Known Member

did you flash the boot.img via fastboot before flashing your rom? or did you just flash it in recovery expecting it to be fully functional?

7. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

I'm thinking the same thing. I think the OP isn't flashing the kernel properly. Or flashed a bad kernel, so flashing ROM after ROM doesn't fix anything if the kernel isn't being changed out.

Are you sure that you flashed the stock kernel with the correct instructions? HBOOT 1.5 is tricky like that.

Try flashing a kernel like tiamat or anthrax, too.

8. jxlee0215

jxlee0215 Newbie

yes i flashed thru boot.img via fastboot and NOT thru recovery. I verified kernel changed in the settings>about phone. tried the stock kernel and also anthrax. also overclocked w/ setcpu to see if kernel changed. i only flashed the stock rom w/ the rooted. maybe i should try the full RUU, but didn't want to unroot my phone.
    i couldn't get the ruu files from the link since it's server hosting file is down
    Code (Text):
    1. http://www.filefactory.com/f/4ef0ef536face67a/
    these are the zip i used to go back to stock
    Code (Text):
    1. http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10036-rom-stock-rooted-htc-evo-3dshooter-odex-deodex/

9. DonB

OK since you went back to stock, does your sound work now ??

10. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

If you tried all that...you might have a busted sound chip. If you're running the stock ROM with stock kernel and the sound doesn't work, it's got to be hardware that's the problem.

11. jxlee0215

jxlee0215 Newbie

No it still doesn't work. I'm thinking it's software because of the pauses between the dialpad presses and the slider not moving when playing music.

12. DonB

Sounds more like Hardware to me, not SW, I would bring it into a Sprint store now that you put the stock Rom on and have them look at it, if you tried everything and even went back to stock and it still does not work, then to me that is hardware.

13. jxlee0215

jxlee0215 Newbie

i used the stock rom zip which is rooted, not the ruu. also returning it not an option. bought it used and it was previously flashed to cricket by previous owner.

14. jxlee0215

jxlee0215 Newbie

any other suggestions anyone?

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews