1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [CDMA] OMG this freaking phone!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by titillidie, Oct 27, 2011.

1. titillidie

titillidie Member
    None

Jan 26, 2010
    i have rooted i think 6 or 7 phones and never has it taken more than a couple hours. evo 4g is like a snap compaired to this thing. i have been working on it for 3 nights trying everything i could think of to get this thing goin. i have hboot 1.50 and thats the main problem right there. i cannot get htc's boot unlock to work. at the fastboot oem get_identifier_token , it keeps saying waiting for device. i have the newest sync, but it never notices my phone is plugged in.

all i want is wireless tether! i am about to downgrade to the evo 4g, wish i never "upgraded" to this useless 3d phone!

Advertisement

2. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Android Expert
    None

Oct 17, 2009
    Ease up there Tex! This is a better phone than the 4G. It took me awhile to root it as well and I was feeling the same way you are. And you haven't even got to the hard part yet!!!...;) So chill out and tell us exactly what is going on and maybe somebody can help you. If you search threads that I have posted in you will see that almost all of them are root related and also CMD prompt related. Wake69 is the guru here and helped me tremendously. Good luck. You will get it figured out!!!

Do you have fastboot unchecked?
    Do you have USB Debugging checked?

ANd I know this is simple but after you select to "mount your phone as a disk drive", do you press the "DONE" button? That stupid little step has got me more than once!

Anyway, it seems you command prompts are correct and that it just doesn't see your phone. It also may have something to do with your firewall or anti-virus progams....anyway...

CarrieK likes this.
  3. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2010
    Information Systems Analyst
    Nashville, TN
    You also may need to check the drive assignment for external devices. I have run into that issue before. Also, like flyj said, make sure that USB debugging is selected under Development. That has gotten me more than once. You may already know these things since you have rooted before, but it doesn't hurt to check everything. Oh, and I know that when I rooted it was recommended that you uninstall Sync after you have installed it to get the drivers. You will still keep the drivers after you uninstall but somehow leaving Sync installed nterferes with the rooting process.

Hang in there :) A lot of knowledgeable people are here who will be glad to help you through this process.

4. wake69

wake69 Android Expert
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    Security Engineer
    Georgia
    Also make sure you have jdk installed

5. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    Whichs means Java development kit, in case you did not know what Wake was mentioning. ;)

6. titillidie

titillidie Member
    None

Jan 26, 2010
    where do i get jdk? i downloaded the java that was on the HTC dev page.

phone is pluged in via usb, debug on, sd mounted, fast boot off.

is it weird that HTC Sync doesnt see my phone?

7. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    Did you also download all the drives, as mentioned in the video for rev

Tags: