1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[CDMA] PLEASE help, bricked phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 4runneradam, Dec 25, 2011.

1. 4runneradam

4runneradam Newbie

I should mention first that I am a noob at all this, and a simple root on this device seems like a HUGE freaking headache. I can read instructions, but damn there are all kinds of crazy crap you have to do to get this to work for hboot 1.5 some directions dont mention if it works with 1.5 or not.

I dont know what the heck is going on. I have a 3d evo with Hboot 1.5. Its unlocked using the htc dev site. I flashed several roms with varying sucess. A few times it hung up on the black screen and wouldnt boot. Last one I got to boot was a viper rom. then the wifi wouldnt work. so i flashed a few different kernals. i got wifi to work once but barnacle tether wouldnt work. so i tried to flash a different rom and now no matter what I try to reflash it wont boot. i even followed the instructions on how to return to stock and it diddnt work.

i really hope someone can help get my phone working. i just want to be rooted and be able to wifi tether and gps tether. if i cant get that i just want to go back to stock.

can anyone help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

ok so lets see if we can get you a working phone. so can you get into recovery? if so try wiping dalvik cache and cache and see if that helps. also with your hboot you can't flash kernels the normal way. it needs to be done in fastboot. read this post:xda-developers - View Single Post - [GUIDE] HTC Unlock Hboot 1.50 + TWRP Recovery + Root + Flash!! [9.11.11]. it is from this thread [GUIDE] HTC Unlock Hboot 1.50 + TWRP Recovery + Root + Flash!! [9.11.11] - xda-developers.

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews