1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[CDMA] Radio interface melt down

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by grepper, Sep 15, 2011.

1. grepper

grepper Member

Help!

I've been running gbsense, with no special kernel, no special radio, for 2-3 weeks. Flew out of state, so put phone into airplane mode. When came off plane, and disabled airplane mode, I have no data. I can't place a phone call or send text.

When I call, I get an "error 16" message.

On the phone I get a "radio interface resource" error, with error 64, source 2.

I spoke to Sprint, went through all the ##?????# goodies to reset my phone, still nothing. I am totally at a loss, and I'm now halfway across the country without a functioning phone.

Help! Please!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. wake69

wake69 Android Expert

Have you tried a hard reset or flashing radio updates, prl and profile update? Reflashing a rom?

3. grepper

grepper Member

Sorry for not including that...

Wiped cache
    Wiped dalvic cache
    Updated PRL
    Updated profile
    Erased factory data / full reset
    Reinstalled ROM - gbsense
    Updated PRL
    Updated profile
    Updated firmware

I've concluded that its a phone issue. My phone will receive pushed data - FB notifications.

However it will not receive Google data (gmail, app/ market, etc).

Hoping to go to sprint tonight.

4. thelonewizard

thelonewizard Android Enthusiast

I fairly frequently get error 16's, even on an unrooted phone. It happens during school, where I rarely get signal, and am usually roaming off a VZW tower, with one to two bars. Most of the time, it just gives me the error, but it still sends the text. If not, I restart my phone and it works. I'm not sure this will help, as I know you've tried it, but this is all I can relate.

5. grepper

grepper Member

I'm fixed.

Took to Sprint, they found something in the data signal got freaky, was trying to run me through a Boost tower, rather than Sprint. They performer some sort of data reset and I'm functional again.

I'm not fully understanding why it didn't reset with the ##?????# reset we performed yesterday. I'm just happy its working again.

falconey likes this.

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews