• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Radios, Hboot & Firmware - All Downloads

just wanted too come here & thank brian for putting this together in 1 area & explaining what it is & does simple enough a noob could understand , dont wanna call myself a noob really its discraceful i have knowlege but nothing like the people iam seeing on here so to them i am a noob and new too the whole android thing got 1 year in just learning so defiantly like it when iam looking for something and find it & theres explinations of what it is & setup nicely

& definatly new too htc which is awsome too me comapired to my last phone kyocera
so the hboots & compatiable roms & then ontop of that checking md5 sums this is all new teristory to me, but good support group here

editing: didnt feel needed a whole new post too ad
that after so many fails and bricked phones from my kyocera rise & returning it cause i was smart enough to buy the geeksquad warrenty which at that time , & may or may not still offer u protection for rooted bricked phones i had 2 years & i swear i bricked like 6 of them things so when u get something like this in your hands & finally have success i can see how that feeling & rush can be addicting its nice too be sucuccesful in your goal & not be like ohh Cra* Shiznit Beep Bee*p beep lol so it can be adicting so i wanna watch & make sure i dont get too over confadent with this one

Upvote 0
just wanted too come here & thank brian for putting this together in 1 area & explaining what it is & does simple enough a noob could understand , dont wanna call myself a noob really its discraceful i have knowlege but nothing like the people iam seeing on here so to them i am a noob and new too the whole android thing got 1 year in just learning so defiantly like it when iam looking for something and find it & theres explinations of what it is & setup nicely

& definatly new too htc which is awsome too me comapired to my last phone kyocera
so the hboots & compatiable roms & then ontop of that checking md5 sums this is all new teristory to me, but good support group here

Welcome to the HTC world...!!! :D

Upvote 0
Hey can a ICS kernel be flashed for a Jb kernel and can someone please send me a link to anthrax kernerl or franko kernel for AOKP 4.2.2 having trouble finding them

I don't think so... The mount points are different for Hboot 1.50 and 1.58 and a boot.img designed for 1.58 will not work on 1.50.

I can't help you with a link... You can sign up though at http://anthrax-kernels.us/

Reactions: duecefromcalab
Upvote 0
I don't think there would be any real problems. It might break mms but I'm not sure about that.

What is it that you are wanting? Do you need the whole firmware or are you just needing a portion of it?

Also what hoot and rom are you on? If you are running jellybean that will upgrade your hboot and you won't be able to boot up.

Those files can be modified. For example you could remove the hboot from the zip after downloading, or delete everything but the radio for example if you were just looking for the radio.

Upvote 0
well... here i go again. i just bricked my 2nd 3vo. what i was going for was.. i've been running a sprint 3vo that i flashed to virgin. everything was working fine but i just decided to flash harmonia rom and wanted to complete it by getting the rest of the Evo V firmware and everything on it. checked md5sum before flashing and it checked out fine but after i selected update from the bootloader it went threw the like 3 things OK i seen the orange bar on the top right and then the phone just shut down never to turn back on again. i was running revolutionary hboot 1.40 just like the time i bricked the last one... i think there may be some connection. looks like i'll be sporting my Optimus for a little bit again untill i can afford to get another 3vo.

Upvote 0
Dang that's crazy! I'm not sure what would cause that to happen?! What happens if you plug the phone into the pc? Open device manager and plug it in and see if anything shows up.

When I plug it in device manager shows it as... oh what was it .. QHSUSB_DL or something, no red charging light and not detected by adb or fastboot. Same condition as the last one. Unless someone's figured out how to use qpst to write to the phone recently its a paperweight now

Upvote 0
Brian706: I'm looking at your radio page, due to very poor signal in my Washington area. When click on download on latest radio, hardware, firmware it says updated on June 2013. My hboot shows have radio 1.09.00.0108, which I understand is the latest. Which did some months back when changed to J-Bear 1.50. hboot. So what is updated on the download?? Is it possible to get better signal on older radio or firmware/hardware.

Can you suggest anything that would improve signal quality. Like today looking at new wallpaper or themes, and I get error that have no connection. Although have Wi-Fi and at least one bar on the 3g or 1x bar. I'm on the MIUI V5 rom.

Upvote 0
Brian706: I'm looking at your radio page, due to very poor signal in my Washington area. When click on download on latest radio, hardware, firmware it says updated on June 2013. My hboot shows have radio 1.09.00.0108, which I understand is the latest. Which did some months back when changed to J-Bear 1.50. hboot. So what is updated on the download?? Is it possible to get better signal on older radio or firmware/hardware.

Can you suggest anything that would improve signal quality. Like today looking at new wallpaper or themes, and I get error that have no connection. Although have Wi-Fi and at least one bar on the 3g or 1x bar. I'm on the MIUI V5 rom.

You are on the latest radio. That is just the day that I uploaded the file to my copy account. :) the radio itself hasn't been updated, just my download link.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I simply don't have good sprint coverage in my area. :( Have you tried any of the other radios? You could experiment and see if any give you a slight advantage, but I think in our cases poor coverage is poor coverage.

If you look at their coverage map, the east coast is covered so much more than our area. I've been debating on switching to AT&T for that reason, but I sure like that sprint doesn't enforce a rooting policy.

Reactions: tigerstv44
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones