• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] [ROM] [4.4.4] [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 + MMS FIX [Linaro 4.9] [11-07-2014]

GPS works for me.

Ok i tried GPS again, and Google maps seems to work fine. But I use DigiHUD Speedometer and it can't get a fix. Tried 3 similar apps and none of them worked. For most of these, app will not start unless GPS is on so I know thats not the problem. Tried a couple of GPS fix apps and they also could not get a fix. Any ideas what problem may be? Thanks in advance for any help.

Upvote 0
@seraph08 Was just wondering what base you were using for a starting source (stable, nightly) Know I'm late to the party but going to use this phone to learn some more about dev'ing as I'll probably have this phone for a bit (still have to set up a box again and all that).. Was thinking of using cm11 nightly as a base and cherry picking a few mods i've run across to start with.. Nothing major.. Basically quality vs quantity.. One last question that you may know the answer to, was going to use linux mint instead of ubuntu for the build machine as I like it a lot more.. it's buntu based so i really don't see where there would be an issue but have you seen or do you know of people running into issues going that route?

Upvote 0
I've built on mint so that shouldn't be an issue. If your die hard go the Cinnamon route. As far as a CM11 base if you just run off the master branch you should have no issues.

I use Cinnamon usually as it is so no learning curve on that part. Got the build box set up and sources.. Just reading up on using Linaro to compile. Read that certain versions break different things in CM11 so trying to find the easiest route..

Upvote 0
From my understanding so far it makes the overall build snappier then using the standard tool chains.. need to get some time to sit down with it.. found someone doing it over on xda when I was googling so I'm gonna flash that to see if there is really a difference.. just need time

Edit: just did a quick prelim test.. definitely see the difference in antutu.. flashed the linaro nightly and then restored data from official nightly backup i made right after testing (0907 on both) so it was close to level playing field.. 16947 on official vs 18034 linaro..

also, read that linaro builds are supposed to be better on battery life but i couldn't tell ya just yet..

Upvote 0
I use them.
Added them into the machine my roommate and I threw together when we got back to school

8c31e6b27546e7944c35b3b6fdfcc516.jpg

Upvote 0
awesome.. bet that thing runs likes a beast.. now everyone will expect a build within minutes :p ;) not to jump off topic too much.. does your build get the memory leak that cm11 is apparently famous for? think i am just gonna do a build with standard toolchain bein its the first build for this and see how that goes lol.. still a total noob with this phone and rusty on the rest.. will check out your new builds on this and pa prob tomorrow.. Good job on the PC and the ROMS :)

Reactions: Seraph08
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones