• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] |ROM|Nightly||Synergy 3Dvo||2.3.4|ZIGGY KERNEL|MPD CPU1 TWEAK|ZEUSMODS|

wake69

Android Expert
Jun 8, 2010
Georgia
★ ☆ ★|ROM|Nightly|◄●|Synergy 3Dvo|●►|2.3.4|ZIGGY KERNEL|MPD CPU1 TWEAK|ZEUSMODS|★ ☆ ★ - xda-developers

I am not sure how much of their site i can share, but this rom is a beast, and it is still in nightly, but with the ziggy kernel ( which you can only get from certain roms) this rom is a beast! I know not everyone is convinced on quadrants or benchmarking, which i use to test rom performance on MY phone with updates and tweaks, but this rom with no tweaks oc to 1.5 ghz is constantly over 3500 in quadrant advanced. This rom is clean and fast and highly recommend it to anyone! If you have any questions, let me know

I guess I go against the mainstream because I find a lot of value in benchmarks. mainly I use them to compare changes I make to my phone against a baseline benchmark. I don't care what others post in their scores unless I can duplicate. Your scores are amazing.

I've been holding off on learning how to use svn and trying the synergy rom but it looks like it is where the heat is at. I flashed the new steel rom last night and it's been great but as I type I'm downloading the latest synergy to try out. It's just one more nandroid after all...

Btw, my quadrant score in steelrom is 1950. I'll compare that to the synergy score later.

If anyone else has been putting off svn it really is as simple to use as they say. There isn't any reason to wait for someone to post a rom link for you. Check out this link that I used 5 minutes ago to set it up and get going.

[Guide][Windows][UPDATED 9/4/11] Use SVN to download Synergy & Other ROM Nightlies - xda-developers

I just downloaded the newest nightly in 3 minutes and 26 seconds. Cake...

I'll post my reflections on the rom later.

Upvote 0
I guess I go against the mainstream because I find a lot of value in benchmarks. mainly I use them to compare changes I make to my phone against a baseline benchmark. I don't care what others post in their scores unless I can duplicate. Your scores are amazing.

I've been holding off on learning how to use svn and trying the synergy rom but it looks like it is where the heat is at. I flashed the new steel rom last night and it's been great but as I type I'm downloading the latest synergy to try out. It's just one more nandroid after all...

Btw, my quadrant score in steelrom is 1950. I'll compare that to the synergy score later.

If anyone else has been putting off svn it really is as simple to use as they say. There isn't any reason to wait for someone to post a rom link for you. Check out this link that I used 5 minutes ago to set it up and get going.

[Guide][Windows][UPDATED 9/4/11] Use SVN to download Synergy & Other ROM Nightlies - xda-developers

I just downloaded the newest nightly in 3 minutes and 26 seconds. Cake...

I'll post my reflections on the rom later.
+1 for svn, it is the easiest way to get new parts of a rom, plus if there are small changes made, why download the whole rom, just dl the changes

Upvote 0
Very slick ROM but I've had issues with it every time I've flashed... It does seem quick for certain... I did a complete and full wipe and flashed 494 using SVN. I made no changes whatsoever and didn't flash any mods/themes. I could not make a phone call and the ROM would not let me update my profile. It timed out over and over again. I rewiped, reflashed, rebooted, etc. Nothing on the phone calls and time out on the profile update.

Upvote 0
bcblend in the compatible kernel list, but now my Bluetooth is acting funky maybe kernel, maybe need reboot but this kernel is nice

p.s. i was getting freezes every day sometimes a few times a day. when my alarm didnt go off this am bc of a freeze, that was the last straw. I love me some ziggy but he needs to fix his ship

Upvote 0
I have a couple. I've been through several ROMs and I think I've decided to run with Synergy for a while. I noticed that even after a full night of charging, the light shows green, but the battery indicator only shows a 97% charge. Anyone else experience this?

How has battery life been for those of you using this for a while?

And finally, and I feel like I should be able to figure this one out but, I want to delete some of the wallpaper pictures in the HTC section. I can't seem to figure out where they are stored or what I have to do to delete them. Any ideas?

thanks,

Mark

Upvote 0
That isn't a ROM thing, that is your battery protecting itself. Long story short, the battery charges to 100%, then lets the thing discharge to 95%, then charges back to 100%. It protects battery longevity. If you want more info on it, go to the main Evo 3D forum and search for the battery stats discussion. It'll go over in greater detail.

Like this morning, I woke up and disconnected my phone and it said 97%. Yesterday it was 99%, the day before it was probably 98%. The green light stays until the phone drops below 95% (meaning you're using it heavily while it's still on the charger) or the phone is disconnected.

Reactions: mdwamp
Upvote 0
That isn't a ROM thing, that is your battery protecting itself. Long story short, the battery charges to 100%, then lets the thing discharge to 95%, then charges back to 100%. It protects battery longevity. If you want more info on it, go to the main Evo 3D forum and search for the battery stats discussion. It'll go over in greater detail.

Like this morning, I woke up and disconnected my phone and it said 97%. Yesterday it was 99%, the day before it was probably 98%. The green light stays until the phone drops below 95% (meaning you're using it heavily while it's still on the charger) or the phone is disconnected.

Thanks for the info.

Upvote 0
I found the directory and the wallpapers using astro. The problem is they are r only. I couldn't delete them. I hooked my phone up to my linux machine and for some reason I couldn't get to the directory.

Oh, and those wallpapers are probably located in the /system/customize/resource directory. You should be able to delete them with any root explorer capable app (I use ES File explorer).

Upvote 0
I found the directory and the wallpapers using astro. The problem is they are r only. I couldn't delete them. I hooked my phone up to my linux machine and for some reason I couldn't get to the directory.

Astro is a root explorer app? You need something that can mount the /system directory as writable. ES File Explorer can do it. So can Root Explorer. I don't use Astro.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones