1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [CDMA] ROM questions [synergy 3Dvo]

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ClouDarK, Aug 14, 2011.

1. ClouDarK

ClouDarK Newbie
    None

Jul 25, 2011
    cashier (sadly)
    new york
    so i was wondering how exactly do i go about installing the synergy 3Dvo ROM on my evo 3d?and how do i add a kernal,im a total noob and im new to the android world i already rooted my EVO 3d just incase your wondering and ive searched for instructions but there doesnt seem to be any so i decided to create this post so people can add their questions and hopefully we can all get them answered.my questios:

1.on the synegry XDA developers fourm where the had a post release of their ROM i noticed there were more then one kernal to chose from,so which should i use?whats the diffrence?

2.If anyone used this ROM have you seen any increase in battery operations?such as life and so on.

3.How exactly do i go about installing this ROM and how do i mod?

4.should i use Nandroid to back up or is ROM manager's back up a safer option?

answers are appriciated ty.

Advertisement

2. ClouDarK

ClouDarK Newbie
    None

Jul 25, 2011
    cashier (sadly)
    new york
    so regarding my question on how to install the ROM i have found a link ( http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/0...d-phone-with-rom-manager-full-backup-restore/ ) to help all you people out,it even tells you how to revert to the origonal ROM incase synergy is not your style,this doesnt tell how to install synergy itself but a generalization of all ROM's.i decided to keep this thread open to new questions if thats ok and i'll try to help as much i can as i learn new things myself so if you have any questions feel free to drop some of your own.

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Welcome to rooting!

These threads may prove helpful to you -

http://androidforums.com/evo-3d-all-things-root/395751-help-please.html

http://androidforums.com/evo-3d-all-things-root/395021-flashing-sequence.html

http://androidforums.com/evo-3d-all-things-root/393857-who-rom-you-guys-using.html

To flash your synergy rom, place the zip file on your SD card, and then go Settings, Power and ensure that fastboot is not checked.

Power down your phone, then power up while holding the volume down button - that boots you into the bootloader and you go to recovery from there.

The volume buttons take you up or down in the menus, tap on the power button to make selections.

The steps vary slightly depending on whether you are using Clockwork Mod or TWRP, but all you need to do from there is to select your rom zip file and flash it.

Hope this helps! :)

ClouDarK likes this.
  4. ClouDarK

ClouDarK Newbie
    None

Jul 25, 2011
    cashier (sadly)
    new york
    thats right i forgot they had that option,i just wasted time with ROM manager :/,and ty it helped alot.

EarlyMon likes this.
  5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    My pleasure!

There's so much information on the web, it can be overwhelming!

Stick with us, the helpful gang here will always shoot you straight on rooting. ;)

Looking forward to hearing about your synergy experience! :)

6. ClouDarK

ClouDarK Newbie
    None

Jul 25, 2011
    cashier (sadly)
    new york
    so i was looking around on the fourms over at XDA devs and i realized that there are currently 3 diffrent kernels available for synergy 3dvo and i was wondering if anyone knows which one whould run the smoothest and provide the best battery life.with defualt synergy comes with ziggys kernal.

7. ClouDarK

ClouDarK Newbie
    None

Jul 25, 2011
    cashier (sadly)
    new york
    does kernels effect battery life or is it all roms?

8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    If you install a kernel that allows overclocking the processor, and you wind it up to higher speeds, then you can expect less battery life.

Similarly, you can take that same sort of kernel, and restrict speeds and prolong the battery.

Typically, some kernel devs will claim battery improvements based on various uses.

Often it's a good idea to use the kernel that comes with the rom for a while and see how you make out.

If you think you might be seeing funny battery results after using a new rom and kernel, you may want to recalibrate your battery readout. For that, I'd recommend Battery Calibrator by Potente - note that there are a few of those in the Market, but that's the one I use.

If you decide to overclock, your best bet might be to use setCPU and test the processor using its built-in tool.

ClouDarK likes this.
  9. ClouDarK

ClouDarK Newbie
    None

Jul 25, 2011
    cashier (sadly)
    new york
    Solved bellow

one last question,im running synergy ROM and everythings fine but i notice everyday they are making changes,the thing is when i use the updater synergy provides i never ger any new update,im at a loss and others have told me to update to fix a problem but not how,i downloaded and manually flashed the ROM a few days back and i dont know if i have to flash again because even tho these changes are being released they never chjange the rom file so i dont know where to get these updates.sorry if im typing confusing,its mostly because im half awake and more that grammars not my strong suit

10. Dinkis

Dinkis Newbie
    None

May 30, 2011
    Diver
    Oxnard,Ca
    well im sure there is a way to fix this and atm im lookin. I guess you can talk to them too
    CLICK FOR LIVE CHAT WITH ME AND OTHER USERS ON InfectedROM.com

★ ☆ ★|ROM|Nightly|◄●|Synergy 3Dvo|●►|2.3.4RLS1(zeus mods)|☆HOST OF KANGFEST'11|★ ☆ ★ - xda-developers
    I guess they have really good support

11. ClouDarK

ClouDarK Newbie
    None

Jul 25, 2011
    cashier (sadly)
    new york
    here u go bud: [Guide][Windows][UPDATED 8/13/11] Use SVN to download Synergy/Airborne3d Nightlies - xda-developers

svn is the answer to our problem,really good guide 4 ya

EarlyMon likes this.
  12. Dinkis

Dinkis Newbie
    None

May 30, 2011
    Diver
    Oxnard,Ca
    great im glad you found it!

ClouDarK likes this.
  13. ClouDarK

ClouDarK Newbie
    None

Jul 25, 2011
    cashier (sadly)
    new york
    hey i wanted to check up and know if you figured it all out.im working on a guide/tutorial about how to root,ow to flash roms,how to back up using nandroid and other root apps,how it install kernels,you know the works,so if anythink keep an eye out for that.

14. Xenoex

Xenoex Lurker
    None

Oct 16, 2011
    I downloaded the synergy rom for my evo 3d but now idk what file to copy it over to on my phone from my computer can someone help?

15. Brian360

Brian360 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    Are you rooted? If so:

Move the .zip file onto the root of your memory card. Reboot into recovery, flash that zip and it's done.

If not, that's a different story.

16. Brian360

Brian360 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 14, 2010

Yes, I'm getting AMAZING battery life with synergy and the bcblend kernal. No overclocking though. With overclock I was rocking 3,900 quadrant scores.

Tags: