1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [CDMA] [Root] Help with the factory message app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wesh, Oct 11, 2011.

1. wesh

wesh Lurker
    None

Oct 11, 2011
    I have a problem and I need help.
    I recently got an HTC EVO 3D and decided to root it, and installed a root uninstaller. So after having a problem with time-stamps on the messaging app that came with the phone. So I decided to download GoSMS and not use the message app that came with the phone. So i used the 'Root Uninstaller' app to "freeze" the message app that came with the phone. Well this is where the problem is. It wouldn't "Unfreeze" that message app and so I was gonna reinstall the 'Root Uninstaller' to maybe fix the problem, but for some reason when I uninstalled it, it took the messaging app with it. So now there is no messaging app (that came with the phone, from HTC im guessing).

Is there anyway to get it back?!
    Please help, It will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    from what i gather from your initial post, you are rooted or WERE and am trying to UNROOT? and in doing this process has jammed up your stock messaging app?

moved post here to root section since it seems you are/have rooted. more info on the ROM used, if any.

3. jdsingle

jdsingle Android Expert
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    Did you do a backup when you first rooted your phone? You can also fix the time stamp error within the stock messaging application with SMS Time Fix in the market. Works perfectly.

Tags: