1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [CDMA] Root Issues -- EVO 3D CDMA -- hBoot 1.5 -- Super Slow First-Time Booting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by physix, Oct 25, 2011.

1. physix

physix Lurker
    None

Oct 25, 2011
    Hello.

I used the HTC-unlocker method, so I still have S-On, but I've been using the Synergy ROM for a long time.

Ever since I used Root Manager to download the latest cyROM and tried installing it, my E3D has taken forever to load an new ROM.

The cyROM download never came through -- and I let it go all day -- so I had to force it back to the Synergy ROM, which likewise took forever.

Every time I flash a ROM, I do a complete wipe.

Then I installed the Tiamat kernal using FlashUI, and my internal storage went from having nearly 1GB of space to barely 100MB of storage space.

So I wiped the device -- again -- and then tried to do the MIUI. Now it's stuck on the MIUI initial loading screen, which I'm used to, but it's been like that for going on 18 hours.

I'm assuming I did something wrong somewhere along the way.

I'm n00bish when it comes to this, but I paid for all the premium root stuff in the hopes that it would help me from ****in' shish up. Obviously, that didn't help. :lol:

So I need to wipe everything, unRoot the device, and then reRoot it, and start again?

Anyone else experience something like this?

Long boot times is one thing, but the sudden (and drastic) drop in internal storage is troubling.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    ocnbrze likes this.
  3. physix

physix Lurker
    None

Oct 25, 2011
    Thanks!

Will give it a try.

I should have stuck to this method, which was the first method I did. But the Tiamat kernal postings led me to believe the only method to flash it on HB1.5 was FlashUI.

4. JCampbell

JCampbell Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    Cadet
    USAFA, CO
    I am having the same issues as the OP- what did you do to solve them? I'm at the link provided, but did it work?

5. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    The super slow boot the first time? That's because you deleted the dalvik cache and cache partition. That's normal. The second time should be much faster.

Or do you mean you're using ROM manager, too, on HBOOT 1.5? That link, if you follow it step by step, will flash TWRP and show you how to flash ROMs. Other than that, you'll have to be specific on what you are seeing and what isn't applying.

ocnbrze likes this.
Tags: