1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [CDMA] [rooted]Evo 3d will not charge/boot.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by amart6116, Jan 1, 2012.

1. amart6116

amart6116 Lurker
    None

Apr 19, 2011
    My HTC EVO 3d won't charge or boot up.. It's on the charger now but all I get is a slooow blinking RED LED. I know that normally if the battery is completely drained it will blink red and then turn on once it catches a charge but for some reason it seems it won't even catch a charge.. I would just take it in, but it's also rooted. I'm running Synergy ROM with Ziggy kernel. I noticed after flashing this ROM that the battery wouldn't charge to 100% unless the phone charged on.. PLEASE HELP!
    PS- I've only had the3 phone for 2 months so I don't think the battery itself is the problem..

Advertisement

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    Pull the battery out, clean the contacts and replace it after a minute, then try to charge it again, of you still get the same results, try using another charger to eliminate the charger as being the culprit, report back

3. amart6116

amart6116 Lurker
    None

Apr 19, 2011

Thank you for your assistance 1st and foremost. I have unfortunately eliminated the charger possibility as I've tried 4 different wall chargers(3 HTC, 1 LG) and I've tried 2 different data cables(both HTC) directly to the CPU ending with the same result: RED LED for 5 seconds, then off for 25 seconds, RED LED(5 secs), then off(25 secs), repeat, repeat. I left the phone on the charger for 20 mins thinking it was maybe just really really dead and am seeing the same result.

Just took batter out and left out for 5 minutes. putting back in as we speak, connecting to charger............... SAME RESULT :( I'm thinking it's a battery issue and have a friend with the same phone. I shall meet with him, trying his battery, and report the results. Hopefully this is just a battery issue. Thanks again for your time and efforts in helping me resolve!

4. DonB

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    NP keep us posted we are here to help you out

5. amart6116

amart6116 Lurker
    None

Apr 19, 2011
    Ok. So after unplugging my phone from the charger and before I left my house to try a different battery I noticed the slow blinking red LED still happening. After watching it a few times, again not connected to a charger, this continued. Assuming at this point it wasn't a battery or power issue I did a bing search specifically to my issue and found this: HTC Evo 3D won't turn on or charge! :( - xda-developers. After researching the suggestions offerred:

"This happened to me.
    1. take out battery
    2. hold down the power button for 15sec with battery out.
    3. place battery back in phone and put the back on.
    4. try to turn on. If it doesn't turn on try a different charger (this worked for me a few times. this worke dfor me a few times i remember back on at&t when i had the slider windows phone htc 8250 i think it needed a charger with more amperage to start the charge.)
    5. If the above doesn't work maybe take it in to sprint if you have the warranty.",

and following the steps, MY PHONE BOOTED!:) Thanks again for your help and I hope that given the instructions I found we can help somebody else!

ocnbrze and DonB like this.
  6. DonB

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    Great glad you got it working

7. Wiley_11

Wiley_11 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2011
    SoCal
    I think it was related to static electricity. I have an OBD II tester that was acting wacky and when I called they said to take batteries out and hold power button down 10 seconds. They said it bleeds off static. Worked like a charm.
    Glad you got it resolved!! :)

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. deejets

deejets Lurker
    None

May 27, 2013
    My phone is hard brick it is not turning on doesn't show signs of charging while plugged in. This all happend while trying do "the soff wire trick" the only way the phone shows any type of life is when I plug it in cmd adb usb. Is there any way to fix??

9. Thewraith420

Thewraith420 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    Well if the wire trick didn't work you could still try the closeone's live cd to unbrick. Maybe worth a shot...

10. deejets

deejets Lurker
    None

May 27, 2013
    where can i get this closeones live cd @??

11. Thewraith420

Thewraith420 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 7, 2012
Tags: