1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[CDMA] Rooted evo3d no wifi nor 4g help please!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Edgarted, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Edgarted

Edgarted Lurker

OK, so i rooted my evo 3d using the htc method. So my dumb*ss didn't save it into recovery when it was working perfectly and then i decided to instal the custom kernel rcmix and when i tried to install it, it aborted , meaning it failed. So then i just rebooted the phone and it did it fine with no problems and everything worked expect the 4g and the wifi. On the wifi it says error and it wont try to connect. On the 4g setting it looks like its about to turn on and then shuts right off.
    This is really stressing me out since i cant even go back into recovery mode and restore my phone since i didn't save a restore point.

Can any one help me or guide me?

ive done my research and cant find a solution
    also i tried installing a different kernel which worked fine but my wifi n 4g still aint working.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Well I am no expert here, but if you didn't do a Nandroid, and you cannot seem to fix your issue because of trying to flash a Kernel, then I would simply flash the Stock Rom back on your phone, that will get you back to stock, what process did you root with ?? Kernels I would not be flashing now until HTC releases the source IMO, what boot version are you on ?? here is the Stock Rom that you can flash with the latest updates up to date, see below

[​IMG] [ROM] - Stock Rooted 2.08.651.2 -8/27- This is the Sprint RUU Update with NO mods other than ROOT!

3. stank23

stank23 Lurker

i am having the exact same problem and i been trying all day to reload the stock rom but i have 2.17.xxx.x and i had no luck i had to load a new rom just to be able to use the phone because when i tried to load the stock rom it would never boot past the splash screen so i loaded synergy and the phone works fine but still no wifi or 4g if anyone has any idea how to fix this please help me....lol im an idiot for trying to load the rcmix kernel

4. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews