1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [CDMA] [rooted] HTC EVO 3d Battery died, now won't Start LED flashes

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cvc7chris, Sep 29, 2011.

1. cvc7chris

cvc7chris Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 12, 2011
    Its a evo 3d and it waas rooted when i bought it. i got a new samsung so i stopped using the 3d and like after 1 week it won't start now. its got a orange/red light that turn on and off with like 10 second intervals. and i tried a few chargers, and battery pulls and vol down + power button and nothing. i hooked it to the computer and doesn't recognize it what could be wrong with it

Advertisement

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    Plug it in with the wall adapter and walk away for 15 minutes or so. When you come back, if the red LED is solid, then you're fine and can just let it charge until it's green.

If it's just blinking red over and over, then you're going to have to find another way of getting a charge on that battery. A cheap battery/charger from ebay or similar, a friend with an evo 3d or a sensation (the evo 3d battery can fit in a sensation and vice versa), or take it to a sprint store and see if they'll put a charge on it.

Once you get a charge on the battery, download ROM Manager and make sure you have the latest version of clockwork recovery installed. With that installed, you should be fine to charge with the wall charger when the phone is off.

3. scrosler

scrosler Android Enthusiast
    None

Its all normal. This phone is REALLY finicky when the battery dies. Like said.. let it charge for 15 minutes.

Happened to me on day 2 after purchase on release day. I almost cried. But yeah, I let it got for a few and it was fine...

And contrary to popular belief its not the Recovery causing this. Recovery has nothing to do with the device when its powered off, lol.

Tags: