1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[CDMA] Rooted Phone and now battery life is horrible

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SteveO_148, Dec 20, 2012.

1. SteveO_148

SteveO_148 Newbie

I just rooted my Evo 3D this past weekend. It was great on stock but I couldn't help myself from wanting to take over more control or the phone. Now my battery is horrible. I cannot get through the day. I have trying wiping battery stats and that didn't help. I don't understand, because it was rare that I would ever need to charge my phone before going to bed. Now, it is dead by 6PM. I have tried the SOS M ROM on XDA and I am now on Cool Sense and the battery life is about the same. On the same use as before I cannot last past 6PM.

I am now really regretting rooting my phone! maybe I am not wiping battery stats right or maybe I need to try different ROMs. I am thinking of trying Mean ROM ICS next.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jamaal57g

Jamaal57g Newbie

I don't know what phone you are using but i've never had great battery life. lol since i got it. Till i got an extended RAVpower batter that doesn't require the custom battery door...but anyways. :) I have a couple of solutions for you.

NAvigate over to the anthrax kernel forums, join and what not and try their kernel.
    IF not Try this kernel by bigwillyg
    Wipe dalvik and cache. Then just flash it like a rom and follow the prompts.
    https://bitbucket.org/bigwillyg/buttered_toast_shooter/downloads/ButteredToast-RLS14.3.zip

Download an app called kernel tuner from the playstore, go to voltage, take all voltages down by 4-6 steps via the button at the bottom. Also you can chose your governor here or during the kernel flash for whatever balance of battery vs performance you want.

Download an app called battery calibration from the play store, then charge your phone too 100% and calibrate. Let phone run all the way down to 1% then charge back up to 100%

That should do some damage to your problem.:D

SteveO_148 likes this.
  3. mike rosoff

mike rosoff Newbie

Now that you've rooted ur phone u have more control. U decide which apps can run. U can start by identifying those bloatware.

4. SteveO_148

SteveO_148 Newbie

Thanks. Last night I found a link to a calibration procedure that everyone said worked. I remember after I upgraded to stock ICS on my Evo 3D it took awhile before the battery life was good. I rarely ever had to charge before bed unless I was in a bad cell reception spot.

5. skarface1988

skarface1988 Well-Known Member

stock battery is always bad.

6. TurtleRunner

TurtleRunner Member

If all else fails, you can probably get an ravpower external battery like Jamaal.

7. SteveO_148

SteveO_148 Newbie

Jamaal, can you tell me what battery you bought? was the 1900AH battery from RAV? On Amazon I see one from RAV, ANKER, and EC Tech.

8. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Android Expert

StevO -I bought the Anker 1900ah and LOVE IT

What I thought was bad Battery life from ROMS was just an old Crappy htc battery....

xevious and skarface1988 like this.
  9. TurtleRunner

TurtleRunner Member

A lot of people are purchasing anker or ravpower probably because of the holidays. Or maybe the sales going on?

10. SteveO_148

SteveO_148 Newbie

I remembered that I bought a replacement Anker battery for my wife's evo 4g. It worked well so I went with the Anker. Should be delivered Monday.

11. xevious

xevious Well-Known Member

I can't stand those extended batteries that force you to put on a thicker case back. It totally screws up all case accessories. So, it's very encouraging to hear about the Anker 1900mAh battery. I'll definitely have to try this out. Thanks! :)

Btw, it looks like RavPower provides one as well that's also 3.7v 1900mAh. I wonder how it compares to Anker.

12. SteveO_148

SteveO_148 Newbie

I am ready to try one of these Kernels. I have been reading info at the Anthrax site and BT site. My only worry is that if I don't like it for some reason, is there an easy way to flash back to the stock kernel that I am using now?

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews