1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [CDMA] Setcpu question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spartanzz, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Spartanzz

Spartanzz Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 27, 2011
    OK so iv got my 3D set up with cm7 now and I loved it on my old evo cuz I was able to get 2 to 3+ days of battery out it using Setcpu and juice defender. First how do I know Setcpu is doing its job of undervolting while the screen of off? Also randomly I get a popup saying Setcpu was given su permission how do I shut that off?

Advertisement

2. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Android Expert
    None

Dec 18, 2009
    Setcpu doesn't undervolt, it just varies the speed of the processor. As for knowing if it's working when the screen is off I don't think you can really tell. Set up 3 or 4 profiles and verify they are working with the screen on and then just trust the app. That's about all you can do.

The notification thing bothered me too. I ended up turning off all notifications in the superuser app to avoid seeing it. I don't really need to know when anything I granted permission to uses it anyway.

3. Spartanzz

Spartanzz Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 27, 2011
    ok cool thanks! forgot about turning off the notifications in su lol but yeah iv been trying to see about working with setcpu. Just trying to get as much battery life as i can like i did in my 4G before buying an extended battery

Tags: