• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Sprint ICS ROM for Evo 3d

atlspartan

Lurker
Aug 2, 2012
Has a ROM based on the official Sprint OTA ICS update for the EVO 3d been created and released yet by any developers? (because I can't seem to find one)

If not released yet does anyone have any guesses as to a time frame for release of this ROM? (a week, a month, never?)

If one does get released will it be added to the "Current ROM's for the 3VO.." sticky post in the all things rooted section of this forum?

I have a rooted EVO3d and am really anxious to upgrade to ICS but obviously can't take the OTA update from Sprint because I would lose root. I know there are ROM's based on the Virgin Mobile handset but I really prefer to get one based on the Sprint version. I keep searching for this thinking it should already be out there somewhere but I do not see any ROM's posted on this website or elsewhere on the internet that are based on Sprint ICS. The Sprint OTA release occured on July 31st/Aug 1st. Am I crazy? Should I just flash a VM ICS ROM? Are there any negatives to flashing the VM vs the Sprint version.?

Any answers to these questions are much appreciated!

Has a ROM based on the official Sprint OTA ICS update for the EVO 3d been created and released yet by any developers? (because I can't seem to find one)

If not released yet does anyone have any guesses as to a time frame for release of this ROM? (a week, a month, never?)

If one does get released will it be added to the "Current ROM's for the 3VO.." sticky post in the all things rooted section of this forum?

I have a rooted EVO3d and am really anxious to upgrade to ICS but obviously can't take the OTA update from Sprint because I would lose root. I know there are ROM's based on the Virgin Mobile handset but I really prefer to get one based on the Sprint version. I keep searching for this thinking it should already be out there somewhere but I do not see any ROM's posted on this website or elsewhere on the internet that are based on Sprint ICS. The Sprint OTA release occured on July 31st/Aug 1st. Am I crazy? Should I just flash a VM ICS ROM? Are there any negatives to flashing the VM vs the Sprint version.?

Any answers to these questions are much appreciated!

The only downside I noticed to flashing vm leak is that if you want to purchase anything from the market, can't bill it to your sprint account since google reads your phone as a virgin mobile phone rather than sprint due to the vm leak Rom. But d3rp sense and senseless reads as sprint .

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

Reactions: toad6386
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones