1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[CDMA] Sprint ICS ROM for Evo 3d

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by atlspartan, Aug 9, 2012.

1. atlspartan

atlspartan Lurker

Has a ROM based on the official Sprint OTA ICS update for the EVO 3d been created and released yet by any developers? (because I can't seem to find one)

If not released yet does anyone have any guesses as to a time frame for release of this ROM? (a week, a month, never?)

If one does get released will it be added to the "Current ROM's for the 3VO.." sticky post in the all things rooted section of this forum?

I have a rooted EVO3d and am really anxious to upgrade to ICS but obviously can't take the OTA update from Sprint because I would lose root. I know there are ROM's based on the Virgin Mobile handset but I really prefer to get one based on the Sprint version. I keep searching for this thinking it should already be out there somewhere but I do not see any ROM's posted on this website or elsewhere on the internet that are based on Sprint ICS. The Sprint OTA release occured on July 31st/Aug 1st. Am I crazy? Should I just flash a VM ICS ROM? Are there any negatives to flashing the VM vs the Sprint version.?

Any answers to these questions are much appreciated!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

It has not been released because of the HBoot 1.58, they are still trying to figure why it is causing flash issues, when one is released we will post it, for now there are some releases with the update but not the HBoot, and along with a new radio, but many are waiting.

3. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender

The only downside I noticed to flashing vm leak is that if you want to purchase anything from the market, can't bill it to your sprint account since google reads your phone as a virgin mobile phone rather than sprint due to the vm leak Rom. But d3rp sense and senseless reads as sprint .

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

toad6386 likes this.

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews