1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[CDMA] Stuck on HTC homescreen???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by johnny124, Jan 1, 2013.

1. johnny124

johnny124 Well-Known Member

I finally did the wire trick to S-Off and it worked great. I tried flashing a new ROM this morning and now it won't get past the HTC home screen??? I can get into recovery and try to restore but after the reboot stuck on HTC screen. HELP!! It stuck in a bootloop:thinking::thinking::thinking:Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

After you achieved S-off did you flash a recovery?

If you have a recovery, did you wipe the phone properly prior to flashing the new Rom?

A good thing to check is the MD5 sum the developer posted with the Rom, and make sure your download matches. If they don't match you got a bad download.

Make sure you wipe the system, factory reset, and wipe the cache partition and the dalvik cache before you flash the Rom. :)

DonB likes this.
  3. johnny124

Yeah, but it aborts the recovery on the flash. I'll try a different one and check back. Thanks

4. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Without a recovery flashed properly it won't work. Be careful what you flash as well! Make sure its compatible with your setup.

I don't have a 3vo anymore, so I'm a little behind the curve. Let me get a hold of Don or Brian and get their input. :)

Brian706 and johnny124 like this.
  5. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

What recovery were you on originally ??

6. johnny124

4EXT is my recovery but when I try to flash anything it aborts. When I try to restore, it loads it then gets stuck on the HTC screen.

7. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

My vote is going to be for incompatible rom with hboot. What hboot does your phone have? It's not a big deal, we'll likely just need to flash a compatible rom.

8. DonB

He did say he tried to restore his Nandroid and also got stuck on splash screen, I think he lost his recovery.

Brian706 likes this.
  9. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Sorry. Things are really hectic here right now. I'm feeling very stressed and scatter brained. So is he not able to boot into recovery? Or did he restore the nandroid and it still bootlooped?

10. johnny124

Can you please walk me through how to re-flash my recovery from fastboot? Thank you

11. DonB

Give me a bit, I am at work and it is crazy here, maybe Brian will answer before me, if not I will be back.

12. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

It sounds like you have recovery if you were able to boot into it and restore your backup. But here is 4ext:
    http://db.tt/4gK8W0XM

Just put that in your sdk-tools folder (or wherever your adb and fastboot are. Open command prompt and change directories to your sdk-tools folder. If you followed the newbie's guide you would type cd c:\sdk-tools

Then type adb reboot bootloader

Then fastboot flash recovery 4ext_recovery.img

That should take care of the recovery for you. I'm wondering if you need to flash a boot.img which I can't remember exactly how off the top of my head since I've never had to do it.

If all else fails you can always run the Ruu. Now that you are s-off, getting root again can actually be done very easily without even needing command prompt.

johnny124 likes this.
  13. johnny124

I am now on 1.58 and I am trying to flash JBear 1.58 but it aborts the flash. I am going to try and run the RUU again and see if that helps.

14. DonB

Yep crazy here at work, I agree you are able to get into recover, but can't restore, maybe your Nandroid is bad, do you only have one backup, also you said you did the wire trick and are S-Off, what HBoot are you, I agree with Brian could be an incompatible HBoot, Worst case scenario as Brian mentioned you can run the RUU

Edit: Just saw you said you were HBoot 1.58, that is most likely your issue as mention incompatible HBoot. Try flashing a ICS Rom Hboot 1.58 then report back

johnny124 likes this.
  15. johnny124

tried ICS 1.58 again and still same results...HTC home screen.

16. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

I would just run the Ruu at this point. Then just flash recovery, and install a rom through recovery. You are s-off so no need to lock the bootloader for the ruu!

johnny124 likes this.
  17. DonB

If your not S-Off you will know soon enough ;)

johnny124 likes this.
  18. johnny124

Thanks guys, not sure how I screwed it up. I'll run the RUU as you suggested. Thanks again.

19. toad6386

toad6386 Android Enthusiast

You might want to try flashing TWRP (like from the newbies guide), then flash stock rooted ROM, to re-attempt flashing 4EXT. Good luck!

Brian706 and johnny124 like this.
  20. johnny124

THANK YOU TOAD....this worked. I reinstalled TWRP flashed it, then a new ROM, restored 4EXT and it works now. Again thank you all.....:D

toad6386, Brian706 and DonB like this.

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews