• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Temp root RW_EVO_3D.zip problems

Sisterwind

Jan 14, 2011
Ok so I'm looking to root my Evo 3D. Below is from instructions :)

Just download, do not install or run anything yet.
When I click on Temp Root File - RW EVO 3D it takes to me site to download iLivid????? Is this a scam? after I downloaded iLivid I stillc could not figure out how to get the RW EVO 3d.zip. I did google it but I don't feel comfortable downloading things form UNAPPROVED sites LOL.
So could someone please send me an APPROVED link :)

Ok I will follow that guide but the first link does not work :(
Step 1) How to install and configure the Android SDK

any suggestions :) And thanks for taking the time to work with me. I would ask my boyfriend for help but then he gets to say that he "rooted" my phone. AND I DON'T WANT THAT :)

First, you need to download a lot of software. So here are the download links:

1) HTC Sync is needed to link your phone to your computer with the proper drivers. On XDA they link the HTC drivers by themselves. These are fine, but I can't find a direct link on the HTC site, so I'm linking HTC Sync.

2) Mini-SDK is a multiple platform set of fastboot and ADB so that you do not have to download the full Android SDK. It is easier to use, too. Just download sdk-tools.zip and extract it to your hard drive. I'll assume that most of you are using Windows, and for this tutorial, I'll extract Mini SDK to C:\sdk-tools. But Mini-SDK has Mac and Linux versions included in the zip file, so all are supported here.

Alternatively, if you want to install the full Android SDK, you can do so by following this guide.

Upvote 0
Ok I will follow that guide but the first link does not work :(
Step 1) How to install and configure the Android SDK

any suggestions :) And thanks for taking the time to work with me. I would ask my boyfriend for help but then he gets to say that he "rooted" my phone. AND I DON'T WANT THAT :)

First, you need to download a lot of software. So here are the download links:

1) HTC Sync is needed to link your phone to your computer with the proper drivers. On XDA they link the HTC drivers by themselves. These are fine, but I can't find a direct link on the HTC site, so I'm linking HTC Sync.

2) Mini-SDK is a multiple platform set of fastboot and ADB so that you do not have to download the full Android SDK. It is easier to use, too. Just download sdk-tools.zip and extract it to your hard drive. I'll assume that most of you are using Windows, and for this tutorial, I'll extract Mini SDK to C:\sdk-tools. But Mini-SDK has Mac and Linux versions included in the zip file, so all are supported here.

Alternatively, if you want to install the full Android SDK, you can do so by following this guide.

As long as you've got your htc drivers installed, htc sync is pretty much useless.

Also, if your still wanting a stock rom, make sure you get the right one from what I linked you to this morning. That Guide links you to a stock GB rom

DS

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
From our conversations earlier....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisterwind
So basically I'm looking for a rom that looks like what I have now :)

So in other words your looking for a stock rom?

If your still on GB (2.3.4) this is the rom you want

http://dev-host.org/hqkar642vqrn

Or if your on the latest ICS (4.0.4) this is the one you want

http://d-h.st/vE5

DS

I'm actually on:
android version 4.0.3
HTC Sense version 3.6
software 2.89.651.2 71oRD

Upvote 0
From our conversations earlier....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisterwind
So basically I'm looking for a rom that looks like what I have now :)

So in other words your looking for a stock rom?

If your still on GB (2.3.4) this is the rom you want

http://dev-host.org/hqkar642vqrn

Or if your on the latest ICS (4.0.4) this is the one you want

http://d-h.st/vE5

DS

I'm actually on:
android version 4.0.3
HTC Sense version 3.6
software 2.89.651.2 71oRD

Exactly, go for the 2nd link which is the stock ICS rom.

DS

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones