1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [CDMA] "The worst"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by that one dude, Jan 13, 2012.

1. that one dude

that one dude Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 12, 2011
    mobile electronics tech
    detroit, mi
    Damn i love my 3d and all but this forum really is horrible.... I had the og evo and u could always get on the forum here and get some new info, on this one......nothin its just dead. I kinda want to go back to the og ya herd?

Advertisement

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    That is because there are not many issues with the 3VO, but if you need to know anything ask away

that one dude likes this.
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Sorry you feel that way. I'm not exactly sure what you mean though, it looks pretty active here?

4. that one dude

None

Sep 12, 2011
    mobile electronics tech
    detroit, mi
    Just no where near as active as the evo 4G forum that's all but I guess there really aint much to fix or change with the 3vo its cool tho.

5. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    It's not as active as the 4G, but I don't think it's dead here. I think a lot of people are just waiting on ICS to roll out, really. Once ICS hits the deck, I'm sure we're going to see a flurry of ROMs and whatnot. I know I'm keeping an eye on the current ICS alphas. Some of them are starting to shape up.

6. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Android Expert
    None

Dec 18, 2009
    I've missed the early days of the e4g too. I don't know if you'll ever find a forum like that one used to be because I don't think we'll have a ground breaking phone like the e4g on Sprint for a loooong time. That phone was the cat's meow when it came out. Almost all of the carriers have great phones now so everyone is thinned out.

7. that one dude

None

Sep 12, 2011
    mobile electronics tech
    detroit, mi
    Yes thats true, I'm a genius when it comes to mobile electronics but not so much with computers and such so I kinda came to depend on "android forums" to explain things or just to tell me what's to be done next. On the 4g forum u don't even have to ask a question because someone else out there has already had the same problem and the solutions are still around from however long ago. I ****en loved that but I do see my ignorance with this thread cuz the 3vo hasn't been out long enough and like homeboy said the 4g was a ground breaking phone so thats the reason for so much love on that one and not so much "yet" on this. So i do want to apologize for the negative thread and I look forward to the ICS hopefully soon tho.....

jerofld likes this.
  8. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    E4G forums were a blast for sure. It's where I learned the ins and outs of Android. But it's great to see familiar names here!

9. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2010
    Information Systems Analyst
    Nashville, TN
    I enjoyed the OG EVO forums as well. Man, I loved that phone. I think it is because it was just so much different than anything else that had come before it. Even though I moved on to its younger bro, the EVO 3D, my husband has my OG EVO so I still get to tweak it every now and then. Lol, he just doesn't understand why I enjoy modding phones so much! He's one of those, "If it makes calls and sends texts...blah blah..." kind of people. But...he cooks and I don't so I guess we're a good match! ;)

10. Lyvewire

Lyvewire Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 1, 2010
    I have to say I felt the same way at first after only flash maniac on the 4G. I ended up buying my EVo3D for $49.99 on a Dec 7th special and gave my 12 old my Evo 4G. I stay flashing her phone still even though I moved on to the 3D. I kind of understand the "no issues" deal now though.

When I came to this forum I noticed a huge difference in traffic, active threads, roms and etc. I almost got rid of the phone because flashing roms was big for me on the 4G. However I got used to the 3D, no issues really, and the ROMS I've tried have been SOLID and different, (Clean Rom, OTXE Titan, Warm, Infected and more recently the Xplod Roms). Plus I gotta just got a Transformer Prime so now I'm starting to feel like I been neglecting the 3D although the tethering makes it a perfect combo..

11. devinEVO

devinEVO Well-Known Member
    None

May 19, 2011
    Self Employed
    S.E. OK
    i personally prefer less cluter on the forums lol. makes for ease of use!

12. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert
    None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    We all had our starts somewhere. I learned nearly everything I know about the ins and outs of rooting in the Sprint HTC Hero subforum, which is now, much to my chagrin, rather quiet these days.

A lot of the folks that I learned from subsequently moved onto the Sprint HTC EVO 4G subforum, but some held out and then moved here to the Sprint HTC EVO 3D subforum. No matter what, they will always be a part of the Android family.

Tags: