• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] "The worst"

That is because there are not many issues with the 3VO, but if you need to know anything ask away

Damn i love my 3d and all but this forum really is horrible.... I had the og evo and u could always get on the forum here and get some new info, on this one......nothin its just dead. I kinda want to go back to the og ya herd?

Reactions: that one dude
Upvote 0
I've missed the early days of the e4g too. I don't know if you'll ever find a forum like that one used to be because I don't think we'll have a ground breaking phone like the e4g on Sprint for a loooong time. That phone was the cat's meow when it came out. Almost all of the carriers have great phones now so everyone is thinned out.

Yes thats true, I'm a genius when it comes to mobile electronics but not so much with computers and such so I kinda came to depend on "android forums" to explain things or just to tell me what's to be done next. On the 4g forum u don't even have to ask a question because someone else out there has already had the same problem and the solutions are still around from however long ago. I ****en loved that but I do see my ignorance with this thread cuz the 3vo hasn't been out long enough and like homeboy said the 4g was a ground breaking phone so thats the reason for so much love on that one and not so much "yet" on this. So i do want to apologize for the negative thread and I look forward to the ICS hopefully soon tho.....

Reactions: jerofld
Upvote 0
I enjoyed the OG EVO forums as well. Man, I loved that phone. I think it is because it was just so much different than anything else that had come before it. Even though I moved on to its younger bro, the EVO 3D, my husband has my OG EVO so I still get to tweak it every now and then. Lol, he just doesn't understand why I enjoy modding phones so much! He's one of those, "If it makes calls and sends texts...blah blah..." kind of people. But...he cooks and I don't so I guess we're a good match! ;)

Upvote 0
I have to say I felt the same way at first after only flash maniac on the 4G. I ended up buying my EVo3D for $49.99 on a Dec 7th special and gave my 12 old my Evo 4G. I stay flashing her phone still even though I moved on to the 3D. I kind of understand the "no issues" deal now though.

When I came to this forum I noticed a huge difference in traffic, active threads, roms and etc. I almost got rid of the phone because flashing roms was big for me on the 4G. However I got used to the 3D, no issues really, and the ROMS I've tried have been SOLID and different, (Clean Rom, OTXE Titan, Warm, Infected and more recently the Xplod Roms). Plus I gotta just got a Transformer Prime so now I'm starting to feel like I been neglecting the 3D although the tethering makes it a perfect combo..

Upvote 0
We all had our starts somewhere. I learned nearly everything I know about the ins and outs of rooting in the Sprint HTC Hero subforum, which is now, much to my chagrin, rather quiet these days.

A lot of the folks that I learned from subsequently moved onto the Sprint HTC EVO 4G subforum, but some held out and then moved here to the Sprint HTC EVO 3D subforum. No matter what, they will always be a part of the Android family.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones