1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[CDMA] Trouble flashing ROMs

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by codd, Aug 21, 2012.

1. codd

codd Lurker

Hi,

I have a 3d with HBOOT 1.5. I unlocked the bootloader and have tried flashing a few roms and they always wind up restarting the phone continuously once it reaches the lock screen. I have to go to my nandroid of stock to get back to a working condition. Does anyone know what's causing this? I wipe the cache, dalvik cache, and factory reset before flashing the rom.

thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love

Welcome to Android Forums, Codd!
    I hope you will find these forums friendly and informative.

I have moved your thread into the 'all things root' section of this forum so that you can get the help you are looking for from the folks that understand rooting best.:)

codd likes this.
  3. codd

codd Lurker

Thanks damewolf, I wasn't sure where to post it. I hope someone has an idea.

damewolf13 likes this.
  4. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Sounds like since you are S-ON and on HBoot 1.5, you are having the issues many others are having trying to flash ICS Roms, you can try using 4EXT recovery and also give the flashguide app tool a shot and see it it helps, if not another option is to get S-OFF the Juniper wire trick way.

[APP Tool] Flash Image GUI - Flash Kernels and Recoveries from normal Android mode!

Recoveries, Make sure you have S-ON check Marked before proceeding in 4EXT

4EXT Touchcovery

To get S-OFF see below:

[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF -Beta Release- Incl. 1.50 hboot (no downgrade)
    [ 1 2 3 ... Last ]

And lots of good stuff below

[​IMG] Sticky: HTC EVO 3D All Things Root Guide

5. johnny124

johnny124 Well-Known Member

I was having a lot of trouble flashing ICS ROMS. After reading countless threads I realizedmy problem was 4EXT was an older version. Update 4EXT to the newest version and that should solve your problem. Of course NAND backup and basic wipe. If that doesn't work do a full wipe. I also found that doing a full shut down instead of a reboot helps as well. Hope this helps.

6. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

If you are wondering the latest version is RC 5 I believe. ;)

DragonSlayer95 likes this.
  7. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

DonB likes this.

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews