• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Trying to unlock

paskins947

Lurker
Sep 1, 2014
I'm hoping this forum is the correct one for getting help trying to unlock my HTC Evo 3D (Virgin Mobile). Here are my issues:
Currently, I have an Iphone 3 (AT&T). It is too old so I basically get no service at my house and I literally cannot download any apps (IOS is too old). AT&T told me to purchase a 4g phone and I'll get service. So I purchased an HTC Evo 3D from my friend who has Virgin Mobile. There is currently no SIM in it, because obviously I don't have Virgin Mobile service. I have NO EXPERIENCE whatsoever unlocking phones. I found a Youtube video showing how to use bootloader to unlock it. I went to HTCDev and downloaded the Google Android SDK zip, and HTC Sync (already had updated Java on my computer). Now, I plug my phone into my computer and selected the HTC Sync option that popped up on my Evo. My phone then says Connecting Finding HTC Sync on your PC. Then after a minute it says "Next step Unable to find HTC Sync on your PC..." I uninstalled then reinstalled HTC Sync (from the HTC website), but still my phone says the same thing. Next, I just try to purchase an unlock code, but since my Evo has no IMEI number (every single website I have tried requires the IMEI), I cannot get the code. My phone has an MEID number but everytime I enter it on a website, the websites all say "incorrect code". I have tried EVERY numerical code that is on my phone (MEID, MEID Decimal, shoot I've even tried entering the serial number just for shits and giggles). This is so frustrating. I have no idea what to do. Maybe just throw the phone away?? :thinking::mad: If anyone can help me out or give me a few suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. I am so tired of being stuck with an Iphone 3 that has horrible 3g service, and such an old IOS that I can't even get a single app..
-Steph

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones