1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [CDMA] UGH! Just rooted Evo 3D and am running into problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gsxrguru2, Apr 22, 2012.

1. gsxrguru2

gsxrguru2 Lurker
    None

Aug 25, 2009
    Hey guys! I'm really hoping there's a quick fix to undo what I've done but I can't seem to find anything online that directly relates to my issue, so here goes...

I rooted my Evo3d yesterday using the HTC Unlock Method described on htcevohacks.com. It worked like a charm and I immediately started going gangbusters deleting a few apps that I've gotten so sick of seeing for the last year using titanium (amazon, spiderman game, green hornet) and freezing just about everything else that I don't use. Things were going great on my newly rooted 3d but then I started having market issues. For some reason apps would not download. I would initiate the download but they would just hang and never start up. I should have stopped right there but thought that maybe uninstalling the market app and then reinstalling it would work. NOPE, that was a big mistake since now the google play app just keeps forceclosing on me.
    I have done a wipe data/factory reset through the CWM Recovery but it doesn't put the apps that I deleted using titanium back on the phone. My question at this point is, how can I get my phone back to the state it was in when I got done doing the initial root with all of the stock apps loaded up on it?
    Thanks!

Advertisement

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    Did you do a Nandroid backup before doing this, if yes simply boot into recovery and restore your stock Nandroid. If not you may have an issue as you may have deleted something needed by mistake, which is why you are having issues.

3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    If you deleted/froze Google Talk, the Market won't work. GTalk (or Talk as it's called in the app list) is like the hub of all things GApps, and all of them tie into that app. There's something else that is also critical, but I forget what it is.

What software version are you on? I'll assume 2.17.651.5. If so, download and flash this in CWM: Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Then carefully remove bloat. Anything that says "Google" on it, don't touch it.

Tags: