• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Updating my rooted Evo 3D CDMA to give away - help!

Congrats!!

Hmm, I'm not quite sure how to clear out that information. I thought running an RUU would take care of that.

Don't do anything with the imei number. That is unique to each device and is necessary for cell service.

Hopefully someone can let us know if they were able to clear out all that info. Other than that, I don't think there's anything else to do.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
Congrats!!

Hmm, I'm not quite sure how to clear out that information. I thought running an RUU would take care of that.

Don't do anything with the imei number. That is unique to each device and is necessary for cell service.

Hopefully someone can let us know if they were able to clear out all that info. Other than that, I don't think there's anything else to do.

I think I will send it off to him as is - since he's a friend. When he starts flashing and playing with it I'm sure that info will disappear eventually.

Thank you so much for your help! It feels good that he is getting the Evo updated and ready to do whatever he wants with it.

Now I can get on with rooting my new blue One! ;)

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
SuperSU installed just fine last night. All is well. And I feel fine about giving it to him in this updated stock state - and unlocked, rooted, S-off. I did add a couple apps, but that's it.

Now, before I give this to my friend, what about in the Settings \ About Phone \ Current Username - it has <my name>03@sprintpcs.com and also under Phone number it has my number. How does that get changed? (Maybe the IMSI number too? I don't know what that is.) The cell has been deactivated since I bought my One over a week ago.

I will double check the SD card and delete any file that doesn't need to stay there. Is there anything else I should do before sending it off today?

I don't mess with cdma devices that much anymore(at all,lol :eek: ) but i believe that info will stay until its activated on the network by someone else. There are tools to modify cdma devices that could clear those fields,but I'm not that familiar with them.

I think you're on the right track to give it to him rooted stock. If he decides he wants to try some roms,just direct him here :)

Also,make sure he knows he cannot install any future OTAs that come along since he's now running a custom recovery

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones