• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help CDMA Workshop Failed Device Does Not Answer

Rick1488

Feb 16, 2012
I'm trying to get the TU running 2.3.6 to run in CDMA Workshop it will connect on port 9 but when I click read I get Failed: Device Does Not Answer. I tried clicking DM then QCDM, but same error. any help here folks?

Thanks!

I'm trying to boost my 3g it is running at an awful 78-111kb

I'm trying to get the TU running 2.3.6 to run in CDMA Workshop it will connect on port 9 but when I click read I get Failed: Device Does Not Answer. I tried clicking DM then QCDM, but same error. any help here folks?

Thanks!

I'm trying to boost my 3g it is running at an awful 78-111kb

I'm trying to do the same but I have the same problem. Also, my speeds are 50 - sometimes 900 kbs (It's all over the place), trying to improve it :[

Upvote 0
I tried again when I got home today. I could not get it to Not to answer. Sorry, can't remember what I did to over come that problem. But I was receiving the no answer message for long time. I'm sure you already know to have debugg on... Here is a screen shot connected.

Attachments

• CDMA screen shot connected (Mobile).png
    CDMA screen shot connected (Mobile).png
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,087
Upvote 0
I tried again when I got home today. I could not get it to Not to answer. Sorry, can't remember what I did to over come that problem. But I was receiving the no answer message for long time. I'm sure you already know to have debugg on... Here is a screen shot connected.

Yeah I have it on debug mode and nothing, I'm going to try to downgrade back to 2.3.4 because it worked perfectly fine before I upgraded to 2.3.6.

Upvote 0
..on my TU. Try this:

1) With usb debugging on, dial ##8778#

2) Go to control panel\device manager, and uninstall the diagnostic com port

3) Unplug the phone, then plug it back in

4) dial ##8778# again, then go back to device manager, to verify the diag com port is listed there.

5) If it is, connect to said com port it workshop.

6) DONT CLICK READ! Go to the security tab, then to the section where you can enter a password. Click the pulldown box, and scroll down till you see Samsung Default. Send it to the phone.

If it says its accepted, and yer SPC appears, i'll betchya everything else will be fine too (including meid repair without any further hoops to jump thru).

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I didn't know that i wasn't the only one with the same problem with the 3g connection, ill try what the other post said to factory reset the phone first and it might help.. i dunno about the stuff on my phone now though...

Sorry lovey. I just seen your post in my thread. Working out of town, sometimes miss the notifications. Have you simply tried using the update prl in your about phone settings. They recently changed the 61009 to 22090.

Upvote 0
..on my TU. Try this:

1) With usb debugging on, dial ##8778#

2) Go to control panel\device manager, and uninstall the diagnostic com port

3) Unplug the phone, then plug it back in

4) dial ##8778# again, then go back to device manager, to verify the diag com port is listed there.

5) If it is, connect to said com port it workshop.

6) DONT CLICK READ! Go to the security tab, then to the section where you can enter a password. Click the pulldown box, and scroll down till you see Samsung Default. Send it to the phone.

If it says its accepted, and yer SPC appears, i'll betchya everything else will be fine too (including meid repair without any further hoops to jump thru).

Hope this helps.

I have the same issue with a VERIZON SAMSUNG NOTE 2 Sees the com port but device failed or failed to get a reply back from the phone my phone is in USB Debug Mode. Can you help?
Frank

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones