• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CelbFroyo 4.3

If you expand the CELB 4.3 zip file, you'll see that there is absolutely nothing that gets copied to your SD card by the install. I'm not sure which Google apps package you installed, but if you expand that I'll bet that you see nothing under /sdcard (which would be the things that get copied to SD.)

Of course Nandroid backups take up space, but that's on the order of 100-150 MB.

Perhaps you have an app storing data or cache on the SD card?

This app: Download DiskUsage for your Android phone on AppBrain will show you what is taking up space, both on SD and within internal storage, if you are curious.

Upvote 0
Yeah I ran into the same problem. I never realized how big they were and about 3 weeks ago, I only had about 2 gigs left on my card. I knew I transferred apps over but still not THAT much. I went in and found I had about 12 nand backups. I deleted about half of them and it cleared up 2 gigs on my card. Much better. Lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones