1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Celcom 3g on HTC Desire HD

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wtkace, Jan 9, 2012.

1. wtkace

wtkace Lurker
    None

Nov 1, 2011
    Due to this device can't perform online setting through celcom website, so I bring it to the service centre for manual setting. However, the speed of 3G is extremely slow where it takes me minimum of 2 minit just to login into facebook.
    I had check with the packages, the maximum achievable speed is 3.6mbps. So the technician suspect the problem came from the setting itself. Can I ask from any one of you ? Your help is need , thanks.

Advertisement

2. McCookie

McCookie Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 27, 2011
    So you cannot retrieve network settings from the sim toolkit? Is that what you meant by online?

3. wtkace

wtkace Lurker
    None

Nov 1, 2011
    Ya. So I had the technician who help me to do the setting manually. However, it takes too long just to surf the internet. So I suspect it's due to the setting problem, or is there something wrong with my Desire HD ?!?

4. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Occupational Health Advisor
    Kildare, Ireland
    That doesn't sound right. My 3g reception is pretty bad but it doesn't take that long although it can have bad moments.

5. john_g

john_g Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 6, 2010
    London, UK
    Can you check whether things are ok if you connect via wi-fi instead of 3G? Also, the connection speed is often vastly different to the achievable speed - where I live things are fine but if I'm in London, for example, so many users are sharing the available bandwidth that, even though my phone indicates a high-speed connection, using the internet is so slow as to be useless.

I wonder what results you'll get if you do a speed test using an app such as "Speed Test", which is free in the Android market? Here's a link to it:

https://market.android.com/details?...DEsIm9yZy56d2Fub28uYW5kcm9pZC5zcGVlZHRlc3QiXQ..