• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Celcom 3g on HTC Desire HD

wtkace

Lurker
Nov 1, 2011
Due to this device can't perform online setting through celcom website, so I bring it to the service centre for manual setting. However, the speed of 3G is extremely slow where it takes me minimum of 2 minit just to login into facebook.
I had check with the packages, the maximum achievable speed is 3.6mbps. So the technician suspect the problem came from the setting itself. Can I ask from any one of you ? Your help is need , thanks.

Can you check whether things are ok if you connect via wi-fi instead of 3G? Also, the connection speed is often vastly different to the achievable speed - where I live things are fine but if I'm in London, for example, so many users are sharing the available bandwidth that, even though my phone indicates a high-speed connection, using the internet is so slow as to be useless.

I wonder what results you'll get if you do a speed test using an app such as "Speed Test", which is free in the Android market? Here's a link to it:

https://market.android.com/details?...DEsIm9yZy56d2Fub28uYW5kcm9pZC5zcGVlZHRlc3QiXQ..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones