• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cell Standby Eating Power

Xaven

Lurker
Aug 23, 2010
OK guys ive done alot searching and didnt find to much specific information on this problem for the droid x so here it goes.

I went to bed last night at 90% and woke up with 30% battery left. This is the second time this has happened. I went to the battery manager and it was cell standby that ate most of the power. 49% to be exact. I have good 3GS service at my house. I dont have a live wall paper or alot of widgets that should drain the phone over night. I am not running a task killer.

Has any body had this problem on your X and if so whats the fix?

Thanks guys

PS. This forum is amazing and has totally made my first droid experience awesome. thanks again!

No problem.

Frankly, I plug my phone in every night. Since I first bought a smartphone a bit over 2 years ago, I've come to grips with the fact that a nightly charge is part of owning one - at least, with my usage patterns.

Also, if you have a low/fluctuating/no signal at night, make sure you do the *228, prompt 2 trick which will reprogram your roaming data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones