• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cell Standby issue - please sign "petition" for Samsung

SUroot

Extreme Android User
May 25, 2010
Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
Hi everyone,

I appreciate that there are threads on this already but this is different.

I have created a petition because Samsung support have not acknowledged that there is an issue. There recommendation was to "Factory reset".

It has been identified by members of the forum that the mA in battery stats used to calculate Cell Standby % has been set ridiculously high.

Please see explanation here.

Rooted users can fix this by flashing more realistic values here

I would like everyone who has the issue to sign the petition, so we can send it to Samsung and prove how much we like this fixed.

Link is here:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/samsung-galaxy-s3-cell-standby-issue/

Moderators, please do not merge / delete. Could this sticky please?

I didn't sign as I would like to see proof this is a real issue and that Samsung knows about it and they are doing nothing.

Also FWIW, every single smartphone I have owned, I have seen threads where someone says the battery does not last long, someone else saying it does not last a full day then others say they have no problem.

If its a real problem soon there will be 9-10 million S3's in use so lets see what happens. Lets see thousands of posts about it not a handful.

Upvote 0
20120624173104.png

It's not the best example of it, but overnight I had the phone in airplane mode (where usage plateaus) and cell standby is still the highest.

Realistically, display or device idle should be the highest if kept in airplane mode.

Upvote 0
I didn't sign as I would like to see proof this is a real issue and that Samsung knows about it and they are doing nothing.

To answer your first objection, see quote below:

Want proof? Settings > Battery

In answer to your second objection, why don't you contact Samsung yourself, then you will know they know about it, and when they don't reply, then you will know they are doing nothing.

Upvote 0
To answer your first objection, see quote below:

In answer to your second objection, why don't you contact Samsung yourself, then you will know they know about it, and when they don't reply, then you will know they are doing nothing.

So what does a full day and 7 hours use (31 hours+) with still 17% left tell me?

Attachments

• imagepng_2.png
    imagepng_2.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 420
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones