1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Cell standby killing battery in tablet

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Brazil1, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Brazil1

Brazil1 Lurker
    None

Jan 9, 2012
    Hi everybody,

TThe Cell Standby of my tablet is consuming 70% of my tablet. But cell standby is not used in a tablet. Somebody know how to disable that? Thank you!

Advertisement

2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Welcome, it depends on what tablet you're using and what software (ROM) you have on it. If it doesn't have cellular function, then the battery usage information is probably wrong.

3. eyebeam

eyebeam Android Expert
    None

I have a GTab 7" that was made to be 3g capable, but I never activated it on Sprint - I strictly use WiFi for data. Cell Standby was using up a lot of my battery as well. I got around this by always keeping it in airplane mode. WiFi still works fine, and my battery lasts *much* longer.

HTH.

4. Brazil1

Brazil1 Lurker
    None

Jan 9, 2012
    I think the battery usage information is not wrong because the battery doesn't last much. It lasts barely 3 hours. Unfortunately I don't know what is the tablet's brand I'm using. I won it, and I did not see any mark on the device. I tried to use it in airplane mode, but I could not find that option. I pressed the power on/off button but, it does not display this any option regarding it. The system I'm using is Android 2.3.

I wait for help! Thank you!

5. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2011
    That battery usage thing is way wrong on every gingerbread rom I've ever tried on my phone including stock + other stock gb phones, esp relating to cell stdby, android system, dialer and wifi. Seemed to be pretty accurate on froyo though, for my phone at least.

Cell standby says it takes up a lot of battery on our cm7 nookcolor too and it doesn't even have a cell radio, battery life seems fine on it.

Don't take this the wrong way but if you have a tablet you can't even find a brand name on, feel lucky you're getting that 3 hours. (if you mean screen on time 3 hours anyway)